Home Sports Talk
Options

Oklahoma and Texas leaving BIG12, joining the SEC

BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 23, 2021 2:42PM in Sports Talk

Going to be some good games in all sports.

16 teams, 4 divisions....maybe by 2022

Comments

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2021 3:18PM

Awesome. If you can’t beat them, join them.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's going to be some knock down, drag out battles, looking forward to it!

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2021 4:44PM

Bunch of BS here, win your conference and handle you crap or don't lobby for super conference creation/inclusion because you play div 1 scrubs/

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never did get UT. Average team. CAL beat them home and away in 2015 & 2016. Sore losers to boot.
    CAL receiver took the ' hook em horns' sign and turned it upside down and it is now a personal foul, unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Poor babies, wah wah.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve really enjoyed being anti-SEC. I can’t see myself ever doing an SEC chant.
    It’s supposedly going to be good for money and things like that. Probably just one step closer to power football teams completely leaving the NCAA chains/umbrella. (Boomer Sooner!)

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

movement by schools into other Conferences seems to me to be driven by one thing: the stubborn reluctance of the NCAA to absolutely refuse to have some reasonable type of Football playoff system. since Teams seem willing to break decades long association and rivalries by switching to another Conference, one they probably perceive will help them in the playoffs and with revenue streams, why not just start the playoff during Thanksgiving weekend??

the whole Bowl System is quite nostalgic to old time fans and it has a quaint history, but it seems outdated and irrelevant to the younger fans. it should be scrapped, revamped and tailored to offer every NCAA school a chance within their respective Division. use the BB March Madness as a template. till that is done I'd expect Teams to continue moving to three Conferences: SEC, ACC and Big 10.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

As a Pac-12 homer I am curious what we do out "west." I think the Pac should go after schools like OK State, TCU, Baylor, etc.... Plus, I think BYU. Seems like a no brainer to grab BYU and that huge fan base. They could easily become Notre Dame'ish as the years tick on.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

16 teams for one conference is too many. > @Goldenage said:

Awesome. If you can’t beat them, join them.

?? Both teams have a winning record against Alabama.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't like it and I agree with Cool, too many teams. But on the other hand we do owe Texas and Oklahoma like Cool said.
    Payback's a coming.

I have heard Iowa State and Kansas to the BIG10.....KANSAS ?????...C'mon man.

Also agree with Larry about the PAC12, there will be some departures and additions.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

what's next? maybe hawaii will join us next year. university of tokyo in 2023?

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    I don't like it and I agree with Cool, too many teams. But on the other hand we do owe Texas and Oklahoma like Cool said.
    Payback's a coming.

I have heard Iowa State and Kansas to the BIG10.....KANSAS ?????...C'mon man.

I'd be stunned if either one ended up in the B1G. Kansas brings big-time basketball to the table at least.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gonna make conference cannibalism more prevalent. Schedules will be stupid strong but I don't want more teams. A&M was bad enough now we got more coming.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now the SEC is trying to add Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson, and Florida State to the list.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:
    Now the SEC is trying to add Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson, and Florida State to the list.

On behalf of the University of Michigan we will pass. But if the MAC comes a calling well.....

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:

Ya, I heard that too. That's crazy. Ohio State and Michigan are fine where they are. I think the Big "10" should add Notre Dame and maybe Vandy (when the SEC kicks them out). Academically I think a better fit in the Big... and last I checked education is part of college sports. ;)