Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

CU Fantasy Football League B - Season 8

AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
edited August 14, 2021 8:41PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

It's NFL Training Camp, The National, and Fantasy Football time. It appears that all League B teams from 2020 have auto renewed. If you wish to participate this season, PM me with your team name paypal address used to send dues. I am making a Commissioners decision to set the cost this season at $45. Please send to PayPal via Friends n Family: jjkenny99@yahoo.com (Add a note like Happy Birthday, or Mazel Tov!) I added the extra $5 to create a prize for total roster high score for week 17 if that's okay with you all. O/W we can go back to $40. Or have the $60 prize for league high points.

2021 Teams
1. AC000000 (Commissioner) - Confirmed and Paid
2. baz518 - Confirmed and Paid
3. Paul Howrds' Team - Confirmed and Paid
4. L.V. Trolley Dodgers - Confirmed and Paid
5. SidePocket1 - Confirmed and Paid
6. gameusedhoop's Guys - Confirmed and Paid
7. Steve Lum' Team - Confirmed and Paid
8. RailsideCards - Confirmed and Paid
9. ugaskidwag - Confirmed and Paid
10. tony's team - Confirmed and Paid
11. Fusions - Confirmed and Paid
12. Gang Gilbey - Confirmed and Paid

Prizes will be as follows:
1st place (Champion - week 16 winner) - $300
2nd place (week 16 loser) - $120
3rd place - $80
Week 17 High Points for total roster - $40

The league draft is set to be on-line for Sun Sept 5, @8:00pm EDT. I changed the date of the draft so we will be drafting with finalized NFL rosters after final cuts and waivers.

Comments

• GilbeyGilbey Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

I'm in to defend ny title. Payment sent.

Forgot to add my team name to my payment. I'm David Gilbert.

• Just sent my payment from LV TrolleyDodgers

• tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2021 6:17AM

I'm in, {tony's team} will send money this week, I'm prepping for the NAT'L.................................................Yeahaw

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in as well, will send payment soon and confirm on this thread.

• gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭

I am back, gameusedhoop's Guys. PM has been sent, $$ coming soon.

• Just sent payment from Fusions.

Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets

Payment was sent yesterday.

• Sidepocket1Sidepocket1 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

Count me in

• tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Just got back from National; back to the real world I guess. Payment sent

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• paulb71paulb71 Posts: 272 ✭✭✭✭

If you need an alternate or another manager let me know thanks.

• baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

Payment sent!

Let's get this filled so we can randomize the draft. I've been doing mock drafts already but I can't really plan until I know where I am drafting.

• AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭

Hi GMs

Sorry, I've a busy week. As you can see I am waiting on confirmations from 2 Managers. These two are long-time participants, I think since League B inception, so I will give them some extra time to respond. But I will have to place a deadline of this Thursday, Aug. 12 for renewal. If I do not receive a confirmation, then I will start contacting from a waiting list. If I cannot get two more managers, we will do with 10 teams for 2021, and see if we can expand to 12 for 2022. I could also move the day of the draft. I just set the day and time to put something down when I renewed the league. But I can move it to a day closer to the start of the season.

If we could change the time to maybe 8 or 9 that would work better for me. I will make anytime work though

• slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for the delay. I am in and will get over payment today. Can someone tell me if the registration is $40 or $45?

Steve
  • I just heard Ugaskidawg just paid 😉

• slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

I am paid up too. Sorry for the delay. I have been busy and haven’t checked the forums in a while. Glad to be back. Good luck everyone.

Steve

Hey Guys,

We are all up and running for 2021! I want to thank each of you for renewing your participation for 2021. I love the CU FFL league because every year, every manager is smart, drafts well, and is competitive throughout the season no matter the standings. I'm glad we can all keep it going.

Please note, I changed the draft day to Sunday Evening, Sept 5, at 9PM EST (8PM CST). When I went to renew the league, I just put in a date to get the league going. But I wanted to have the draft after the NFL teams have made final cuts and waiver claims so each team is drafting equally with final rosters. I know its Labor Day weekend. I can change it to another time, but would like it to be after the Pre-Season. Let me know if there's a conflict and I can adjust. Since I can't add properly, I made a change to the prizes to reflect the amount in the pot:

1st (League Champion) $300
    2nd (Championship game loser) $120
    3rd $80
    Week 17 high points $40 - something to give playoff and non-playoff teams something to play for after sitting out 3 weeks in the season.

Tomorrow, Tuesday, I'll run the Yahoo randomizer to set the draft order.

Can't wait for the draft order. Knowing where to jump in on mock drafts really helps get a read on who may be available.

Hi gang,

Sorry I'm late getting the draft order completed. Last season I was able to generate the order immediately with Yahoo draft order randomizer. However, this year, I using Yahoo draft order randomizer, Yahoo does not publish the order until 30 minutes before the draft.

So I am going to determine the order randomly myself so I can manually set it and publish it well before the draft. I am going to do a sort of "double blind" process.

1) I will have two sets of paper slips numbered 1-12.
    2) I am going to go down the list of teams, and pull a slip of paper for each team. The number on the slip will be assigned to the respective team.
    3) After each team has a number assigned. I will pull numbers from the second batch of numbers. Each 'pull' is the draft spot. The number on the slip is the team that will have that draft spot.
    4) So here's an example. On my email list, Baz is listed first. So I pull from batch 1. It comes up an 8. Baz's team is assigned the number 8. Then after each team has a number, I then pull numbers from the second batch. I pull 4, then 11, then 5, then 8. Baz will have the fourth pick of the draft. The team assigned 4 from the first pull picks first, the team assigned 11, picks 2, etc.

I hope I was clear with my explanation. If someone wants to assist with me via zoom, let me know. My email is: goodman0340@yahoo.com Or if any manager has a different process for selecting the draft order, please forward it to me.
    Otherwise I will complete the order by Sunday AM and post it immediately.

Order in the Draft Room! Order in the Draft Room!

I finished the draft order, and NO! It was not fixed so that Baz518 would be assigned number 8. This is the draft order:

1. TICK TICK BOOM
    2. L.V. TrolleyDodgers
    3. Tony's Team
    4. Railside Cards
    5. UgaSkiDawg
    6. baz518's Percolators
    7. steve lum's Team
    8. Fooled by Randomness
    9. Sidepocket1
    10. Gameusedhoop's Guys
    11. Fusions
    12. Gang Gilbey

The draft is scheduled for Sun Sep 5 9:00 PM EDT, 8:00 PM CDT. The draft room opens 30 min before draft time. See you all in a three weeks.

Sam

Thank you!! Good luck all!