Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1967 Colombia 1 Cent

CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 20, 2021 8:16PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Out of my league here but this looks like a re-punched date. I found info online about the ‘69s but not 67s.
What do you think? And is it worth the cost of grading and/or even recognized by PCGS?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2021 9:39PM Answer ✓

Very common on this coin in this era. The catalogs probably have not even tried to record these.

Edited to add: No, not worth the cost of grading.

Answers

• Options

Oh well.
    Thanks for the info @pruebas

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always wondered why Colombia minted those. Back in the early 70's my family went to Colombia as a Christmas present. Being the avid collector I actively tried finding coins. I couldn't even get coins at the banks in Bogota. The only place I was able to find any coins was from the candy vendors with carts on the street. When I was there a Peso was worth a whole 4 cents.

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    I always wondered why Colombia minted those. Back in the early 70's my family went to Colombia as a Christmas present. Being the avid collector I actively tried finding coins. I couldn't even get coins at the banks in Bogota. The only place I was able to find any coins was from the candy vendors with carts on the street. When I was there a Peso was worth a whole 4 cents.

Interesting story and place and time as well. I can imagine what that scene looked like, the candy man, the inspiring young collector, in that setting, and in the 70's. Those days however cherished are gone forever.

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:

@amwldcoin said:

Interesting story and place and time as well. I can imagine what that scene looked like, the candy man, the inspiring young collector, in that setting, and in the 70's. Those days however cherished are gone forever.

Maybe not. I was in India on the mid-1990s and I bought old coins (granted, mostly aluminum Paise) from the street carts in Mumbai. I don't even remember what the carts were selling, but their side business must have been old coins.

• Options

I guess depending on where you are that is possible.

• Options
  • Options

Wow, that 74 is cool. And you've been here a while :)