Home U.S. Coin Forum

GC and consigments

LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 19, 2021 8:42AM in U.S. Coin Forum

such great execution of their model.

verifying that a consignment was received after the usps took my package on a tour for an extra week, testing my blood pressure and stress levels (i managed ok all considering). on that consignments received page, i decided to tally the coins i've sent and came up with 65 coins over 7 years and while this is pretty amazing to me, upon that great beautiful and heartless mistress (retrospect), i should have and could have added a 0 to that consignment number. (not too late i should think)

anyone want to share some stats in celebration of my package not going missing with a top-pop coin in it.

oh btw, anyone see that pretty hefty 1797 50c in rattler vf? shooo weeee, oh my and a 1999 silver eagle ms70 @ $5k so far. with a pop of 70 (probably actually less). the 08-s saint in 65 or 66, (i forget) with only 5 higher will make your liver quiver. ;)

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Comments

• clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭✭✭

They treat consignments like its their job!

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 60 in with them now, mostly morgans

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve sold 101 coins through GC and have been very happy.

I consigned 1 coin with them (1931-S Merc FS-101 in PCGS MS65FB) at Summer FUN and of course am looking forward to that sale.

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have stopped selling on ebay about 2 years ago - everything now goes to GC.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only thing I sell on ebay are my books. It's been that way for many years. Coins will go to GC. If GC would include books on a BIN those would go to GC too.

• EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish GC had a stronger exonumia following. Exonumia obviously isn’t their bread and butter. I would consign to them but still don’t feel they can bring top dollar for tokens and medals.

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • PurpleEchoPurpleEcho Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

Sold all of my good stuff through them over the past couple years. Totally agree that their customer service is outstanding and the process is painless...

AKA Pakasmom

• thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you send it Registered? That is not the best way I have found for quickness or tracibility.

thefinn

@thefinn said:
    Did you send it Registered? That is not the best way I have found for quickness or tracibility.

But it's by far the most secure method. I will take security over expediency every time.

• 10000lakes10000lakes Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭

I sold 400+ coins with GC since 2014. Never any problems.

• LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thefinn said:

just some bubble mailers inside bubble mailers with signature.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• CuprinkorCuprinkor Posts: 238 ✭✭✭

Once GC logs in your consignment, how long after is it set to be auctioned?

• bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

Priority mail here with extra insurance.

Ken
  • LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cuprinkor said:
    Once GC logs in your consignment, how long after is it set to be auctioned?

it is usually not long unless otherwise specified. i pretty much just leave things in their hands, as i did this time but i did send an email about the duration selection process/criteria as i'm not sure i'm to excited about a 30 day for my couple items but haven't heard back yet. sent another email today regarding something else.

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 5,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Top notch in every way! Quick to respond to questions and comments!

• bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

The length it takes to sell depends if you have any sent to CAC or not. I sent 2 the second time and it was a couple months, then I sent some I didn't think any would CAC and they sold within a month.

Ken
  • SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've done multiple deals through Ian, from a mostly mint state Morgan collection to a Gold collection, from little common eagles to an 1895 Morgan. And I've been on the opposite side as well, probably buying coins from 10000lakes and Jdimmick without knowing it. Always works as planned, and he takes care of both his buyers and sellers. It's a pleasures working with him.

Surf

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

@koynekwest said:

@thefinn said:

But it's by far the most secure method. I will take security over expediency every time.

I don’t know about that. I have had two, no, three “Registered” packages come up missing that I had to track down after a month.
    Not the same service as when the Hope diamond was sent to the Smithsonian.

thefinn

Are you sure they were registered? That would be highly unusual. I've used registered mail for 40 years. I've never had a single one go missing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file