Home Sports Talk
Options

Golfs new superstar

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 18, 2021 10:37AM in Sports Talk

24 year old American Collin Morikawa. With today's win at The Open he has won 2 of the first 8 majors he's competed in. The only other golfer who can claim this is Bobby Jones. Major wise Morikawa has now won the first Open and first PGA he played in.

The Open has always been my favorite major as it's the birth place of golf, I love watching the artistry of links play and it's on TV no matter what time I wake up in LA. Coffee and golf on the weekend. Hard to beat.

The Claret Jug is his. Bring that bad boy back to LA

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude brought it, solid as a rock.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 18, 2021 1:21PM

CM puts on a stripe show like no other. if he consistently rolls it on the greens like that, hello #1 in the world

my boy JS came up short, but i'm proud of the bounceback today. he has completely emerged from the abyss

was pleased to see Collin keeping the Claret Jug intact during the trophy presentation

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

I know he raised in LA (La Canada I think) but I believe he resides in Las Vegas now (at least for tax purposes - LOL). As a recent Vegas transplant myself I want "my" guys to get the right credit! :smile:

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@larryallen73 said:

@Justacommeman said:

I know he raised in LA (La Canada I think) but I believe he resides in Las Vegas now (at least for tax purposes - LOL). As a recent Vegas transplant myself I want "my" guys to get the right credit! :smile:

Maybe but I still see him around. Maybe family. Great to see you post! Hope all is well

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@larryallen73 said:

@Justacommeman said:

Maybe but I still see him around. Maybe family. Great to see you post! Hope all is well

m

Yup. His parents still live in LA I think but he bought a little place in Summerlin. Both cities can claim him as "theirs." :smile:

Thanks. Haven't been on in a while. Glad to see more activity than last time I checked in!

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both cities can claim him but he will forever be a,

CAL GOLDEN BEAR ALUM

Have a nice day