Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Share Banknote Collection Video Links

Love looking thru banknote collection video on YouTube.
Here are 2 of my fav...

https://youtu.be/V8-sU6DQ-OU (worldwide mostly big notes)

https://youtu.be/zUgVfiGfpAU (great African notes)

Comments

• Options

I like going thru other ppls collection and see what is next on my wishlist. We have such a large community of collectors here and some true veterans...so would be nice to have more collection on display for us newbees to browse

• Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

4K's video shows some amazing large-formatted banknotes that are no-doubt the envy of most collectors. I just didn't understand why he/she didn't turn (rotate 90 degrees) the album (or video) orientation so we could see the Scottish & Uruguay notes at the beginning. They're all very hard to see at the distance & with the low lighting (he/she used). This made me quit the first time & watch the African collection (b/c he/she seems to have no regard for his/her viewers). The 2nd (African collection) are beautiful, very collectible, banknotes too.

Back to the 4K's- I was surprised (& disappointed) to see that countries are mixed up (see Algeria, then another country and later another Algerian note) plus the movie props, bonds & souvenirs seem odd next to the true rarities. Great notes but man somebody needs to teach him/her how to organize! LOL

Both videos show notes far more scarce/rare banknotes than what I've seen on Youtube in the past: so thanks for sharing. :)

• Options

Great review Serial_no_8. BTW make sure to change the resolution setting to 1080p on youtube (it may play to lower resolution based on internet connection). Also the 4K video has banknote details like year, denomination and catalog number (not sure if you need that but I find that super useful to search for these banknotes on eBay). The banknotes in these collection are quite fantastic but in reality most of these notes are super rare to find in such good condition if you are on a budget. But I agree the videos could be better. I also dont like all the countries mixed up in the album--would have been nice to do it by continents.