• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, don't go! We need to know!

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2021 3:01AM

@doubledragon said:

I was going to post my copy of the 1991 All Star ballot here, but when I uploaded it, it wasn't big enough to see the names of the players, so I deleted the post. Shame, too, because I counted 21 future Hall of Famers on that ballot. You can barely make out some names.

• Options

@ernie11 said:

@doubledragon said:

I was going to post my copy of the 1991 All Star ballot here, but when I uploaded it, it wasn't big enough to see the names of the players, so I deleted the post. Shame, too, because I counted 21 future Hall of Famers on that ballot.

I've had many frustrations trying to upload things here as well, so I know what you mean, that is a shame.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@ernie11 said:

@doubledragon said:

I was going to post my copy of the 1991 All Star ballot here, but when I uploaded it, it wasn't big enough to see the names of the players, so I deleted the post. Shame, too, because I counted 21 future Hall of Famers on that ballot.

I've had many frustrations trying to upload things here as well, so I know what you mean, that is a shame.

I uploaded it above, see if you can see anything much.

• Options

@ernie11 said:

@doubledragon said:

@ernie11 said:

@doubledragon said:

I can see every name and read every word perfectly when I pull the image in closer, you did a fine job.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@ernie11 said:

@doubledragon said:

@ernie11 said:

@doubledragon said:

I can see every name and read every word perfectly when I pull the image in closer, you did a fine job.

OK, great. Now, can you find the 21 HOF-er's? :-)

• Options

This is an interesting challenge, I'm not too familiar with who has been inducted, but I'll take a crack at it, and I'm not going to cheat, this is my actual guess.

Barry Larkin
    Carlton Fisk
    Wade Boggs
    Jeff Bagwell
    Tony Gwynn
    George Brett
    Kirby Puckett
    Dave Winfield
    Robin Yount
    Craig Biggio
    Rickey Henderson
    Ozzie Smith
    Paul Molitor
    Edgar Martinez
    Larry Walker
    Ryne Sandberg
    Frank Thomas
    Cal Ripken Jr.
    Dave Parker
    Eric Davis
    Will Clark

• Options
    edited July 15, 2021 5:47AM

Dave Parker, Eric Davis and Will Clark didn't make it to the HOF. The others were Eddie Murray, Andre Dawson and Roberto Alomar I think). Oops, also Griffey, Jr. and Tim Raines.

• Options

@ernie11 said:
    Dave Parker, Eric Davis and Will Clark didn't make it to the HOF. The others were Eddie Murray, Andre Dawson and Roberto Alomar I think). Oops, also Griffey, Jr. and Tim Raines.

I can't believe I missed Griffey Jr, I did a little better than I thought I would though. I also didn't realize Andre Dawson was in the hall of fame.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@ernie11 said:

I can't believe I missed Griffey Jr, I did a little better than I thought I would though. I also didn't realize Andre Dawson was in the hall of fame.

It took Dawson a while, he wasn't an obvious first ballot inductee.

• Options

I remember that era of baseball because I'm an Atlanta Braves fan and we lost a few world series back then. We had great teams, the prime of the Bobby Cox era, but we just couldn't get it done in the world series. Thankfully we got one in 1995, but the early 90s was painful!

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I remember that era of baseball because I'm an Atlanta Braves fan and we lost a few world series back then. We had great teams, the prime of the Bobby Cox era, but we just couldn't get it done in the world series. Thankfully we got one in 1995, but the early 90s was painful!

As a fellow die hard Braves fan I feel you doubledragon. After awhile at every playoff appearance I would think to myself ok what inexplicable way are we going to blow it this year. With those teams in the early to mid 90's we should have gotten a couple more rings out of it. But I still love my Braves! Win or lose!

• Options

@LandrysFedora said:

@doubledragon said:

As a fellow die hard Braves fan I feel you doubledragon. After awhile at every playoff appearance I would think to myself ok what inexplicable way are we going to blow it this year. With those teams in the early to mid 90's we should have gotten a couple more rings out of it. But I still love my Braves! Win or lose!

Yeah, the 1996 World Series stung after having a 2-0 lead against the Yankees they won 4 straight against us, but we had a great run during the Bobby Cox era and I love those Braves teams, they gave us a lot of great baseball!

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@doubledragon said:

Yeah, the 1996 World Series stung after having a 2-0 lead against the Yankees they won 4 straight against us, but we had a great run during the Bobby Cox era and I love those Braves teams, they gave us a lot of great baseball!

That 1996 series REALLY stung badly. Especially how lopsided we won those first 2 games. Real bummer.

• Options

@LandrysFedora said:

@doubledragon said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@doubledragon said:

That 1996 series REALLY stung badly. Especially how lopsided we won those first 2 games. Real bummer.

Yeah, we outscored them like 16-1, we could taste the repeat! Oh well, I still love those teams!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

that was a great era of baseball.

I also agree with the sentiments about the 90s braves. I hate the Yankees and was rooting hard for the braves in 96. I loved watching Mad Dog pitch.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.