Home Sports Talk
Options

Ever Get Ripped At The Ballgame?

HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 14, 2021 2:14PM in Sports Talk

I did. Once. Dodger game. Phillies were in town. Sutton vs. Carlton. Dodgers won.......I think?......It wasn't my fault.

Comments

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Barry Bonds did. We haven’t talked much about him lately.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

I vaguely recall getting into our company's luxury box at Kiel Center (now Enterprise center in St. Louis) for a hockey game. During the game was okay, but the big wigs left early 3rd period and we went crazy. When the game was over, we were stuffing as many cans of beer in our jackets as we could for the remainder of the night.

The only other thing similar was our company's Christmas party was at the Adam's Mark downtown. They shut the free alcohol down early, we found out that Anheuser Busch was having their Christmas party in a ballroom on another floor and we ended up their for several hours. I believe my name was McGillcuddy that night.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@Alfonz24 said:

I vaguely recall getting into our company's luxury box at Kiel Center (now Enterprise center in St. Louis) for a hockey game.

Ahhh....now I remember...... It actually happened to me TWICE!! The second time was at a hockey match......the Long Beach, California ICE DOGS. It wasn't my fault. Who wouldn't get smashed at a hockey match?........Nothing else to do! BORING!!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

getting blasted at bears games is a prerequisite

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course, getting smashed is part of being able to watch the Panthers play. You have to stay drunk if you're a Panthers fan, it's the only way to deal with the pain.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, in the old Cleveland Stadium during them cold as crap football games we would wear our Full lenght Army Jackets that had adjustable sleeves and you could carry 6 beers in each arm sleeve and another 8 beers packed around your belt - back then nobody cared about searching you as you went through the gate.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

Many a time we didn't even had tickets to the Eagles games, but would just go down to the stadium and go from tailgate to tailgate. You could always find friends who were down there. Started hours before the game even started.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. But got smashed at a Stones concert once. Went to a bar across the street from the arena before the show. Luckily I had a designated driver.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    Oh, in the old Cleveland Stadium during them cold as crap football games we would wear our Full lenght Army Jackets that had adjustable sleeves and you could carry 6 beers in each arm sleeve and another 8 beers packed around your belt - back then nobody cared about searching you as you went through the gate.

Those were the days!

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread reminded me of Andre the Giant drinking beers (Brought him up on another thread tonight ) I ain't buying - LOL!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"