Home Sports Talk
Options

Richard Sherman.

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Arrested on Burglary, Domestic Violence and probably Resisting Arrest. Curtains.....................

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, here are the details.

Former Seahawks, 49ers CB Richard Sherman arrested on 'burglary domestic violence' charge

Free agent cornerback Richard Sherman was arrested early Wednesday morning in King County, Washington, on the charge of burglary domestic violence. According to public records, the case is being investigated as a felony.

Sherman was denied bail, but a spokesman for the Redmond Police Department told ESPN it's standard procedure to hold domestic violence suspects without bail until they appear in front of a judge. The spokesman also provided additional details about the arrest. Via ESPN:

The spokesman, who would not confirm the name of the person taken into custody, said a 911 call from the residence was received at 2 a.m. PT. The person calling said that an adult male family member who did not live at the residence was attempting to force his way into the home.

When police arrived, the suspect was located outside the home. He fought with police but was eventually apprehended and taken to a local hospital to be checked but was cleared and then booked into the King County Correctional Facility.

The spokesman said no one in the residence was injured.

According to TMZ, Sherman became uncooperative during questioning and a police dog had to be used to help take him into custody.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that the Washington State Police are investigating Sherman in connection to a single-car hit and run. It's not known if that incident, which allegedly happened at 1:00 a.m. PT, is related to the alleged domestic violence incident, which police were alerted to at 2:00 a.m. PT via a 911 call.

The NFL Players Association has released a statement about Sherman's arrest.

Sherman, 33, is a 10-year NFL veteran. He spent seven seasons with the Seattle Seahawks before signing with the San Francisco 49ers before the 2018 season. He was released by the Niners in February following the end of his three-year contract, and has yet to sign with a new team for the 2021 season.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2021 2:07PM

Most likely a set up by the 49er front office. Contract negotiations can be very complicated.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2021 3:59PM

a lot of details up in the air. esp the supposed hit and run. at the very least the domestic violence isnt a woman? and curious about the burglary too. sounds like he never got into his buddy’s house, right? what did he steal, a garden gnome?

withholding any judgements until more facts emerge.

eta: sounds like his buddy hit sherman w the car. sherman got pissed and dude ran inside like a punk. no one was hurt in the incident though. how is there domestic violence? a domestic disturbance for sure. but violence? a dog took him down, not a cop, so? and burglary? sounds like he never left the property and when he did he was in police custody. sounds really fishy.

• Options
    edited July 14, 2021 4:46PM

@blurryface said:
    a lot of details up in the air. esp the supposed hit and run. at the very least the domestic violence isnt a woman? and curious about the burglary too. sounds like he never got into his buddy’s house, right? what did he steal, a garden gnome?

eta: sounds like his buddy hit sherman w the car. sherman got pissed and dude ran inside like a punk. no one was hurt in the incident though. how is there domestic violence? a domestic disturbance for sure. but violence? a dog took him down, not a cop, so? and burglary? sounds like he never left the property and when he did he was in police custody. sounds really fishy.

I agree. Stuff like that happens to me all the time.....my friend hits me with a car (common)......I always get pi**ed off after my "friends" act like punks and run inside after they run me down with their car ( common occurrence around here)....if nobody got hurt?.....big deal. I'm a forgiving guy....domestic violence? Only if family is involved......Dogs? Hey! Anytime a dog takes me down and not I cop??? I consider myself innocent...... you should too...... I like dogs! Never left the scene of the crime?...... just insignificant details.....This thing really does sound 🐠........just like every jailhouse story I've ever heard.

• Options
    edited July 14, 2021 4:56PM

well first you need some friends and a car.

but ya seem sheltered. youve only got ripped at 2 ice capades ever, right?

so dont doubt it.

we all know you are fond of dogs. its the w/ peanut butter thing that we laugh at. 😉

• Options
    edited July 14, 2021 5:19PM

@Hydrant said:

@blurryface said:

This thing really does sound 🐠........just like every jailhouse story I've ever heard.

and correct me if im wrong, but didnt ya just have an incident at your house that left a family member in the emergency room. im sure when mrs hydrant got home you didnt get vilified, right? even though there was a perfectly logical explanation you were still made out to be the bad guy, right?

obviously way different scenarios. but the point is the same. anyone that wasnt there and is being told things from a third party can paint pictures in anyway they choose to do. so why did you allow that to happen? you were in charge right? under your supervision? obviously im kidding, but see how easily it can be done even in the simplest form. throw in a celebrity w a reporter looking to sell ads w/ questionable verbiage. thats why i said id withhold judgement until all the facts are aired. ive only read what was presented above. i really dont care one way or another about sherman.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Roid rage? Or just trying to take the heat off of Deshaun Watson?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2021 6:49PM

@blurryface said:

Not even close. He got drunk drove into a construction zone, hit a barrier, freaked out and parked his car. Then he went to his wife's parents' house, which is where he got arrested (he never got in, BTW). Since they are related, it's domestic violence.

• Options

just read what was above. but it states no one was hurt. so wouldnt that be a domestic disturbance?

any clue what was the theft about?

• Options
    edited July 14, 2021 7:56PM

just read a more indepth article.

dude got drink after fighting w his wife, hit a construction barrier. drove to a nearby parking lot where the tire went flat. had been having issues w the wife previously (tends to happen when the money stops flowing in) and her parents house was within 2 miles. hoofed it there in the middle of the night and because he tried to enter a house that wasnt his own, its considered burglary. the only person he threatened to kill was himself. officers arrived, tried to cuff him and he pushed off and walked away thus the “domestic violence” charge. another officer that was standing by saw this and released the k9.

utterly stupid? of course. certain spin w only vague facts released fir click bait? of course.

even the wifes statement whom he’s having the custody battle with and who probably hates him the most right now:

Ashley Moss said, via Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times. “I was not harmed in this incident. My kids were not harmed in the incident. He’s a good person and this is not his character. We’re doing all right, just trying to get him out. I want people to know no one was injured.”

certainly not a great image. certainly nothing resembling marcell ozuna but initially painted just as bad w the terminology.

at this time he hasnt even been charged. ozuna was arrested and charged immediately.

crucify him if you must but sounds like dudes just going thru a tough time. had he seriously injured or killed someone while drunk driving then id be first in line to throw the book at him.

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2021 7:45PM

Well what do expect from a Stanford guy? For Pete's sake, he doesn't know about AAA and a motel?
    Edit: speeling.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I’m fighting with my wife, the LAST place I want to be is with my in-laws. And we have a great relationship. He’s lucky the cops handled it and not the dad.

• Options

@ShaunBC5 said:
    When I’m fighting with my wife, the LAST place I want to be is with my in-laws. And we have a great relationship. He’s lucky the cops handled it and not the dad.

100%. and since they were fighting is the only reason they didnt let him in. its not like he was raged out, breaking down the door to purposely go in and inflict harm. he didnt even hit another car. drove to the next exit, got off and thats where his tire went flat. since he was on foot & it was 2am, he went there. they were obviously thinking the worst & he’d just gone thru h3ll.

i woulda just ubered, but hey.

• Options

blurryface, the 911 Call Transcript is available online, I suggest you read it/listen to it. according to Sherman's wife(who made the call), he had consumed two bottles of Vodka, was fighting with her Father, threatened suicide and then drove away(or tried to). this is much worse than you believe.

• Options

My wife is a petite woman and I'm scared as hell of her. I don't mess with her, because I know those fists of fury will come crashing down upon my nose. She'll crack me upside the head with a sack of nickels up in this mug!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    My wife is a petite woman and I'm scared as hell of her. I don't mess with her, because I know those fists of fury will come crashing down upon my nose. She'll crack me upside the head with a sack of nickels up in this mug!

Who's more scary, your wife or the lady that hustled you at pool?

• Options
    edited July 15, 2021 8:52AM

@keets said:
    blurryface, the 911 Call Transcript is available online, I suggest you read it/listen to it. according to Sherman's wife(who made the call), he had consumed two bottles of Vodka, was fighting with her Father, threatened suicide and then drove away(or tried to). this is much worse than you believe.

when it comes to husband & wife fights, i tend to not put much stock in either side. too much emotion involved. usually theres 3 sides to the story. his side. her side. and the truth. just because someone called into 911 after a heated exchange doesnt make what they said true. especially when locked in custody battles.

and at this point. its richard sherman. ive wasted enough time on a guy i really dont even care about. 😉

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

My wife, hands down, and it's not even close. Just living with her makes me feel like I'm in a horror movie. Here, this is what I feel like going to bed every night!

Good night dear....

• Options

whos who in this picture?

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

My wife, hands down, and it's not even close. Just living with her makes me feel like I'm in a horror movie. Here, this is what I feel like going to bed every night!

Good night dear....

Speaking of scary wives......Dwayne Haskins needs a dentist. Ouch!

• Options
    edited July 15, 2021 11:09AM

@blurryface said:

@Hydrant said:

@blurryface said:

>

and correct me if im wrong, but didnt ya just have an incident at your house that left a family member in the emergency room. im sure when mrs hydrant got home you didnt get vilified, right? even though there was a perfectly logical explanation you were still made out to be the bad guy, right?

Yes, you are correct. But everything has settled down and is o.k. because last Saturday Jenny decided that she is a bird. So now when she jumps from great heights she flaps her wings and lands safely on her bird feet. Problem solved. 🐥

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@blurryface said:

@Hydrant said:

@blurryface said:

>

Yes, you are correct. But everything has settled down and is o.k. because last Saturday Jenny decided that she is a bird. So now when she jumps from great heights she flaps her wings and lands safely on her bird feet. Problem solved. 🐥

so you pushed baby bird outta the nest! 😉

• Options
    edited July 16, 2021 6:22AM

any updates to the sherman case? :)

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

He released a statement and footage of him arriving at the in-laws' house has been released.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

A bad night. Thankfully nobody got hurt

• Options
    edited July 18, 2021 7:38AM

@Tabe said:

@blurryface said:

He released a statement and footage of him arriving at the in-laws' house has been released.

i was being facetious. take it you did see that he was released without bail and the overly egregious initial “charges” were dropped completely on top of the fact that not a single person other than sherman was hurt. as stated from the beginning, it was click bait.

• Options

criminal trespass in the second degree with a domestic-violence element.
    reckless endangerment of roadway crews.
    driving under the influence.
    resisting arrest.
    malicious mischief with a domestic-violence element.

• Options

This is the day and age of being recorded, while having a mental breakdown. I miss the days where it could have happened to your favorite player and nobody judged them. Forgotten when season started

• Options

I don't have a clue how they can charge him with a DUI if he left his vehicle after the accident and hoofed it out of there. Misdemeanors need to be observed by a LEO.

Have a nice day
  • Options

I don't have a clue how they can charge him with a DUI if he left his vehicle after the accident

probably based on video, Sherman's voluntary statements and the breathalyzer/blood test he was administered.

• Options

@streeter said:
    I don't have a clue how they can charge him with a DUI if he left his vehicle after the accident and hoofed it out of there. Misdemeanors need to be observed by a LEO.

They throw as many charges at you as humanly possible to see what sticks.

• Options
    edited July 19, 2021 3:29AM

@ShaunBC5 said:

LOL I’m pretty sure Dad was crapping his pants at the thought of that door busting down unless he had a gun. Sherman is 6’ 3 and in NFL shape, I’m sure Dad wanted nothing to do with a physical confrontation

• Options
    Historicalwood71Historicalwood71 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@ShaunBC5 said:

LOL I’m pretty sure Dad was crapping his pants at the thought of that door busting down unless he had a gun. Sherman is 6’ 3 and in NFL shape, I’m sure Dad wanted nothing to do with a physical confrontation

Deion Sanders would have answered lol

• Options

@Historicalwood71 said:

@perkdog said:

@ShaunBC5 said:

I’m sure any NFL caliber dude would, I mean I’d answer it on principle alone but I would expect to get beat up lol

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@streeter said:

Fairly easy to get a DUI when not driving. I knew a guy who was sleeping (drunk) in his car that got one.

Drinking to excess when extremely angry is also not a good idea for (m)any!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2021 9:18AM

@JoeBanzai said:

@streeter said:

Fairly easy to get a DUI when not driving. I knew a guy who was sleeping (drunk) in his car that got one.

Here's the deal on a Misdemeanor(anything). LEO has to personally observe. Even if you are drunk as a skunk and park the car and walk away and there are witnesses that you were driving and an hour later were hooked up, a DA cannot prove you were DUI while driving. They can charge but won't get a conviction. It's pretty straight forward. Even if Sherman said, " I was drinking". He can wiggle out.
    If he had injured someone, abandoned the vehicle and walked away, felony hit and run. Witness accounts could be entered into evidence. Whole new set of evidence rules as a felony.

Edit: I just hope he's not broke after this long of an NFL career. That would be sad.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@streeter said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@streeter said:

Here's the deal on a Misdemeanor(anything). LEO has to personally observe. Even if you are drunk as a skunk and park the car and walk away and there are witnesses that you were driving and an hour later were hooked up, a DA cannot prove you were DUI while driving. They can charge but won't get a conviction. It's pretty straight forward. Even if Sherman said, " I was drinking". He can wiggle out.
    If he had injured someone, abandoned the vehicle and walked away, felony hit and run. Witness accounts could be entered into evidence. Whole new set of evidence rules as a felony.

@streeter said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@streeter said:

I am sure he can afford a good lawyer who will know the rules.

Drinking too much and causing problems is never a good idea.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@perkdog said:

@Historicalwood71 said:

@perkdog said:

@ShaunBC5 said:

I’m sure any NFL caliber dude would, I mean I’d answer it on principle alone but I would expect to get beat up lol

Sometimes the owner has a lil surprise 😅

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@streeter said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@streeter said:

@streeter said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@streeter said:

I am sure he can afford a good lawyer who will know the rules.

Drinking too much and causing problems is never a good idea.

Smokey the bear 🐻 said that once. And golly gee wiz I believed him. Miss him. Smokey would be great in Congress right now

• Options

it's hard to know every city, county or states local laws and what constitutes the basis for them. as it stands now, i have no problem with any of the charges. in ga or sc, i can assure you they'd have enough w his own statement, damage to vehicle and damage to the construction zone to rightfully charge him w dui. might not win, but they'd plea it down to get something to stick most likely. heck, you don't even have to be driving in ga. you could pass out in your car with the keys in the ignition solely to have the ac on with zero intent to move an inch and can be charged w dui. as for sherman's dui charge, i guess it depends on what the state needs to prove it's case. can't say what that is, but imo it's obvious that he was drinking and driving.

my main issue was the burglary charge that didn't seem to make a lick of sense at the time. even in the preliminary report. as someone else stated, they seem to throw the book at you then eliminate what doesn't stick. usually it's done to plea things out vs clogging the court system. at least that's the case around these parts.