Home Autographs Forum
Options

PSA/DNA - Auto Grade Only vs Card and Auto Grade?

I have a question for the board - I’m submitting a pile of autographed trading cards to PSA/DNA for slabbing. All have been signed in person (not pack pulled). I am wondering whether I’m best served by just having the autograph numerically graded, or instead having both the card and autograph numerically graded. These will be for resale, all have very strong autographs so I definitely want numerical grades there, but not all of the cards are 10s (or even 9s), although they are generally in EXMT to MINT condition.

Thanks.

For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I don't see much reason to grade an autograph. I can see for myself if the signature is nice or not. (Authentication is another thing, of course).

If your market involves card collectors then I would think they will want the card graded.

But I am not very familiar with that market.

• Options
    canjondcanjond Posts: 422 ✭✭✭

Thanks. Most of these would be Jeter, Rivera, Trout, Peyton, etc. So all big names. All of the signatures will likely grade high (9s and 10s), where the cards are probably all 7s-10s. So, for resale, I didn’t know what was best.

For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know that a 10/10 would be sort of a trophy but I just don't know the market on signed cards.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

Estimate the values graded and ungraded. This market is about MONEY so let that be your guide.

All glory is fleeting.