Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What would be the best consignor to sell cards for an estate?

These would be high price, mid priced, and low priced cards.

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

whats the total value? total qty? graded?

• Options
    JWBlueJWBlue Posts: 489 ✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    whats the total value? total qty? graded?

~ $50,000 now. Some graded. ~1,000 cards.

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Need more info. What years are the bulk of the cards? Mostly stars and HOF players? What are the graded cards? Where did the $50,000 value come from?

• Options
    edited July 12, 2021 1:44PM

@jfkheat said:
    Need more info. What years are the bulk of the cards? Mostly stars and HOF players? What are the graded cards? Where did the $50,000 value come from?

25% from 1980s, 75% post 2010 , unopened FASC 1980s, Graded 10, 9 PSA. Value is estimate on past sales.

• Options

looking for ease or got time to spare to maximize value?

• Options
    edited July 12, 2021 1:52PM

@blurryface said:
    looking for ease or got time to spare to maximize value?

Time to spare. Say 2 months everything sells.

• Options

To clarify I might be donating all my assets to a charity. I want to be able to say, send them to this consignment house to be sold.

• Options

@JWBlue said:
    To clarify I might be donating all my assets to a charity. I want to be able to say, send them to this consignment house to be sold.

only one that i know does it all right now would be pcs. of course theres probstein but dont even consider him an option. no one else will do raw. perhaps greg morris but i know the line is pretty long there.

dividing it up could be the way to go, but if youre sending it to charity then that could get confusing for them.

• Options
    edited July 12, 2021 2:03PM

@blurryface said:

@JWBlue said:

only one that i know does it all right now would be pcs. of course theres probstein but dont even consider him an option. no one else will do raw. perhaps greg morris but i know the line is pretty long there.

dividing it up could be the way to go, but if youre sending it to charity then that could get confusing for them.

Apparently even PCS only accepts graded now.

• Options

@blurryface said:

@JWBlue said:

How about COMC?

• Options
    edited July 12, 2021 4:39PM

@JWBlue said:

@blurryface said:

@JWBlue said:

Apparently even PCS only accepts graded now.

they just listed a bunch of national treasures raw for me last week.

i would stay far away from comc unless you wish turmoil for your charity. its taking them a month just to ship orders that have already been scanned and sold on ebay. 3 to 4 months on items purchased directly.

• Options
    AANVAANV Posts: 331 ✭✭✭

I would be happy to sell your items for you on eBay raw and graded. Or I can just buy the collection outright from the charity if it makes things easier.

• Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

With Greg Morris backed up and Probstein's PR issues, it really seems there's a big gap right now for bulk raw card consignment.

You might want to post your location, and see if there is anyone on the board here who can help you evaluate the collection and maybe take it off your hands for a fair(ish) price. You're likely to do better than doing the same with a local card shop.

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

@JWBlue said:

How about COMC?

Nothing about COMC takes less than two months.

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭

If you want to sell everything in 2 months, you really just need to sell it all to one or two individuals. If you put the cards individually on ebay, it would take a lot longer to sell than 2 months unless you put everything up as an auction. It appears that the average card is worth maybe $50, so big auction houses probably wouldn't be interested. IMO, I would make a detailed listing here and see if you have any offers from this group.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options

It's a real pain to sell it yourself. The easiest way would be to give it into an auction house and let them sell it for you. Give the better stuff to one of the larger ones (Heritage, Lelands, Goldin, etc,...) and the lesser stuff to the others (Huggins & Scott, Love of the Game, Hakes, Sterling, etc,...) and they will all figure out the best way of selling it.

Best of luck !!!