Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

German 3 Mark complete set (circulation strikes) finished!!

Reuniting the Empire. It's not as easy of a task as it seems.
This all started a few years ago with a refound love for the German Empire coins. Specifically 3 Mark silver coins. I had some already but started to get some graded ones. Some REALLY good graded ones. I had a few going into a huge auction which included the Cape Coral collection of 3 Marks. Both circulation and proof strikes. The proof ones are another story, for another time.
Unfortunately I missed the grading deadline for this year's #setregistry at #pcgscoins #pcgs, but that's ok. I'm very happy to have been able to pull this off anyhow. Many thanks to those auction houses and personal contacts that I have made that have worked with me along the way. Plenty of insight from additional collectors and new friends have been made as well. I thank you all.
Go to https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/alltimeset/201066 to check the set first hand. I will be upgrading where possible and I am sure I am not finished. But it is complete! #Germany #Deutschesreich #Kaiserreich #Kaiserreichsilber #Deutschland #3mark #Dreimark #toppop #Gottmituns #pcgseurope

Follow me on Instagram: Wasserwerks

Collecting world gold, German State silver Marks and other things of interest

Comments

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is an awesome feat!

• Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Holy cow. Great job.

"The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭

Very nice. Congrats.

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    3Mark3Mark Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

I was the owner of the Cape Coral 3 mark collection except for some of the KR 3 mark proofs, which the real Cape Coral owner added . You have done a great job with 3 marks and keep it going.

I'm traveling on memory and running out of fuel.
  • Options

@3Mark said:
    I was the owner of the Cape Coral 3 mark collection except for some of the KR 3 mark proofs, which the real Cape Coral owner added . You have done a great job with 3 marks and keep it going.

Thank you! I have an extensive 3 Mark proof collection going now as well. Some are a bit out of reach at the moment. I do have others for sale and am always looking....

• Options

In your sets, I see a few that I once owned. I also had a complete 3 mark type set of the regular issues in unc and proof, which PCGS didn't have a set for. Started in 2002 and sold in 2019. I still miss them.

• Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! You've been busy. I feel like it was just yesterday that I looked at your set and it was 2/3rds complete.

Don't worry about the registry awards. It's clear you have one of the best sets.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options

@3Mark said:
    In your sets, I see a few that I once owned. I also had a complete 3 mark type set of the regular issues in unc and proof, which PCGS didn't have a set for. Started in 2002 and sold in 2019. I still miss them.

We are only guardians of the coins for a short time.....

• Options

@neildrobertson said:
    Wow! You've been busy. I feel like it was just yesterday that I looked at your set and it was 2/3rds complete.

Don't worry about the registry awards. It's clear you have one of the best sets.

Thank you. There is some competition here though. ;)

• Options

JohnJohn10 bought over 20 of the three marks. I know him pretty well, but he is a little scattered in his sets and has over a hundred.

• Options
    StellaStella Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭

Congratulations! That is great progress.

Coin collector since childhood and New York Numismatist at Heritage Auctions.
  • Options

@Stella said:
    Congratulations! That is great progress.

Thank you! :)