Home Sports Talk
Options

Tampa (Bay) City of Champions

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 9, 2021 9:40PM in Sports Talk

Back to back Stanley Cups and a Super Bowl in between. Not too shabby

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

My buddy had. $100 bet on the Habs winning it all, would have paid $1200. Tampa Bay has had a good run, could be back to back Super Bowls too if the NFL isn’t careful…

• Options

The Devil Rays have a good shot as well for a World Series. Weren't they in it last year as well? Too lazy to look it up

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

How can "Tampa Bay" be the city of champions when it's not a city?

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    The Devil Rays have a good shot as well for a World Series. Weren't they in it last year as well? Too lazy to look it up

m

they have been the "Rays" for over 10 years.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@Alfonz24 said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

they have been the "Rays" for over 10 years.

Don't care. That's how little I follow baseball.

m

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

A Bengals fullback once thanked the great state of Cincinnati for their great fan support.

• Options

@Tabe said:

Also don't care. Their Sports teams are Tampa Bay and not Tampa. They should probably change the name of the city at this point . Tampa Bay stays

m

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@Tabe said:

Also don't care. Their Sports teams are Tampa Bay and not Tampa. They should probably change the name of the city at this point . Tampa Bay stays

m

Body of Water of Champions it is!

• Options
    USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any NHL team south of Philly doesn't count!

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

You all know who the common denominator is here, Right? Tom Brady signed with the TB Bucs on March 20,2020 and since then many Florida teams have either won a championship or had a chance to in the Finals of their sport.

I think we really need a new Tom Brady thread describing how his greatness helps win titles for other local sports teams. ;););)