Home Sports Talk
Options

2021 NFL Pick'em Contest -- thisistheshow is ready to defend his title

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 5, 2021 7:58AM in Sports Talk

it's way early, but i felt the need to get this party started. if double d doesn't object, i'm going to lighten his load and spearhead this season-long bad boy. reg season only, weeks 1-18. pick every game straight up, not against the spread. there will be a grand prize winner, but i'm not gonna reveal what said prize consists of. it may be monetary, or it may be something like being locked in a room with stevek and darin for 3 hours while they argue about what went down in Roswell. never know!

naturally, it'll be advantageous for you to participate each week. skip one and you're all but done. here's hoping we'll have the max number of entrants this season. have a safe 4th and enjoy your day with fam & friends!

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm all for this. Thank you! I do suggest making sure it doesn't break any rules before starting.

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do picks have to be in by a certain time/date? Or just in before the kickoff of the first game of that particular week? I like to wait as long as possible to pick watching for injuries etc. Sorry if this is a known answer, I'm fairly new here. Thanks.

Robert

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't object at all, last season was pretty challenging for me, I went through a whole notepad!

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Galaxy, could I just step in for you when you hit that gorilla and let it slam my head
    against a wall instead of being locked in a room with Steve for a discussion about Roswell?

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 4, 2021 9:58AM

@LandrysFedora normally all picks have to be in prior to kickoff of the week's first game, but i think i'll amend the rule a touch this season. if there is a Thursday night game, obviously that pick will have to be in before it starts. but the remainder of the picks can be sent in as late as 11:59 am CST (before the Sunday games get underway). that'll give everyone the opportunity to combat potential surprises, like injuries.

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    @LandrysFedora normally all picks have to be in prior to kickoff of the week's first game, but i think i'll amend the rule a touch this season. if there is a Thursday night game, obviously that pick will have to be in before it starts. but the remainder of the picks can be sent in as late as 11:59 am CST (before the Sunday games get underway). that'll allow everyone to combat potential surprises, like injuries.

Thank you Galaxy.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 4, 2021 11:27AM

Here's a link to the inaugural contest (remember how @doubledragon had to start a second thread after some confusion 😂 👏👏).

I would like to take this moment to remind everyone (and inform any newcomers) that I won last year, placing all of my faith in the GOAT to come through time and time again.

I forgot that I promised to put my winning brag in my sig line. 😂😂😂😂 It's not too late, and I just might! Lol

Anyway, last year's contest was awesome. Thank you to @galaxy27 for stepping up. Is it too late to re-name this the Annual DoubleD Invitational or some such thing (I'm only half joking 😂😂😂😂😂)

Happy 4th everyone
    🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 💪💪🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Edited to add the link, I forgot.
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1044785/new-nfl-picks-contest-thread/p9

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know the swami is in. Like every season I will also post my predictions for wins/loses for a select # of teams and the 3 long odds teams to win the Super Bowl.
    Way too early but I’m gearing up.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.