Home Q & A Forum
Options

What label/sticker does PCGS prefer on the 2.5x2.5 flips?

CopperWireCopperWire Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

Is there a standard?

Comments

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CopperWire said:
    Is there a standard?

I have never encountered an issue with 'labels/stickers'.

That said, if you want to use their "standard", they sell stickers in the PCGS store.
    Link: https://www.pcgs.com/store/p-19-white-stickers.aspx

• Options
    kruegerkrueger Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

I use an Avery label 1inch by 3 inches.
    wide enough to write "submittal number" and on a second line the "line number".
    If place right you have a 1/4 inch on either side to fold over an seal the 2 1/2 in by 2 1/2 in flip that they want you to use.
    Grader can easily tear the fold overs to remove the coin for grading, yet in protects the coin from falling out or moving much in transit.

Krueger

• Options

Will PCGS accept coins in the original coin capsule. I have a good amount 2021 proofs ASE that I really do not want to expose to Air, Dust, and human touch. maybe i am being overly protective? Just not sure how to best handle new coins straight from the mint?

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sammy_Coins said:
    Will PCGS accept coins in the original coin capsule. I have a good amount 2021 proofs ASE that I really do not want to expose to Air, Dust, and human touch. maybe i am being overly protective? Just not sure how to best handle new coins straight from the mint?

Yes, PCGS will accept Mint coins in their original capsules.

I did this as recently as JUNE-2021 with no issues. Specifically, I placed the capsule inside of a Mylar flip, and then followed the rest of their packaging guidelines (e.g., stickers, bubble wrap, etc.).

FWIW - my rationale for doing this is similar to yours. I figure the less I handle the coins, the better.

Good luck with your submission(s). :)

• Options

@MetroD Thanks for help!!! I am new member to PCGS and learning as i collect. I am glad they allow this.