Home Q & A Forum
Options

Boston coin show

gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anybody know if there are still any coin shows in Boston. I know there used to be at least 1 every year back when I was actively collecting about 20 years ago. I can't seem to find anything, but I am not sure if that is because of Covid or not.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

Best Answer

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bay State show was the big show in Boston. It appears that it moved to Marlborough.

Member of the ANA since 1982

Answers

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gumby1234 said:
    Does anybody know if there are still any coin shows in Boston. I know there used to be at least 1 every year back when I was actively collecting about 20 years ago. I can't seem to find anything, but I am not sure if that is because of Covid or not.

Check www.coinzip.com

The site has a pretty accurate list of shows throughout the country.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2021 10:50AM

A quick Google search would suggest there is a show coming to your area.

Bay State Coin Show July 30 & 31 2021 Marlborough PA.

https://coinzip.com/index.php?state=MA

Edited: Ooops! Marlborough MA.

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin Thats close but not in Boston. There used to be a large coin show in Boston. I will check the link you sent.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

@Oldhoopster thanks I guess I will have to drive further than before.

• Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

The location that the Bay State show is in and has been for a few years now is much better. While you do pay admission there is no parking fee so it’s actually much less expensive to come to the show. Plus much nicer space. It’s a good big show with many dealers and well worth the trip. Not far from Boston maybe 30
    Minutes or so depending on traffic

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options

@ScarsdaleCoin Are you going? I am shooting for Saturday and hoping it isn't like it used to be on Sundays when all the dealers split early.