Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

What's the value of this?

Ok. To preface this, I am mainly a coin collector so I am certainly NOT experienced in this field. However, I do know a few of the baseline things about notes as I will occasionally sift through my wallet to see if I have anything rare.

Anyways, I found this star note a few years back and I searched it up on star note lookup and saw that it is supposedly fairly uncommon. Since I am no expert at assigning value estimates on notes, I thought I'd see if anyone else has a fair estimate at what they think it could fetch.

Comments

• thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

Auction. Circulated condition hurts it immensely.

thefinn
  • Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s the key star for the series with uncirculated examples selling for hundreds of dollars. Circulated examples bring $25 and up depending on condition.

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice find. Congratulations.

Looks well centered, no stains, tears or writing and little wear. A good value for collectors not able or wanting to spend hundreds for an example.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice low run note

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• DynamiteDDDynamiteDD Posts: 21
    edited June 28, 2021 7:57PM

@mbwizkid said:
    It’s the key star for the series with uncirculated examples selling for hundreds of dollars. Circulated examples bring $25 and up depending on condition.

Oh dang fr? That's pretty cool actually. I had no idea lol

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one!

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DynamiteDD said:
    Oh dang fr?

Fr.3001-J*