Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Red Barchetta

Some well weathered leather, hot metal and oil from Neil Pearts collection is up for auction.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motor1.com/news/516428/rush-neil-peart-car-auction/amp/

Comments

• Options
    reelinintheyearsreelinintheyears Posts: 241 ✭✭✭

I have been a Rush and Peart fan ever since hearing their Moving Pictures album as an 8th grader in 1981 (holy crap, that was 40 years ago!). While I was aware of his passion for motorcycles (I highly recommend his book "Ghost Rider: Travels On The Healing Road"), other than being aware that he penned the lyrics for "Red Barchetta" (coincidentally from the Moving Pictures album) I was not aware of his passion for exotic sports cars. After reading this article, I would be very surprised if he did not also own a vintage red Ferrari Barchetta. Since he could barely skate and as far as I know was not a sports fan in the least (unlike bandmate and diehard Jays fan Geddy Lee), I highly doubt it but perhaps one day we'll find out that he also collected OPC cards and his collection will be auctioned off. While I certainly can't afford to bid on any of his sports cars, I would certainly bid on some of his cards (especially if he collected 1974 baseball)!

• Options
    Sgt_DSgt_D Posts: 85 ✭✭

BY_TOR

SNOWDOG......., WAS VICTORIOUS !

The Necromancer.