Home Sports Talk
Options

Dustin Pedroia

GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 25, 2021 4:17PM in Sports Talk

An all time great Red Sox, or just a great player ?

Is he in the Dwight Evans or Carlton Fisk category, or the Clemens/Papi category, or is he just one of those idiots ?

The Sox had your Mike Lowell’s, Millars, and Variteks.

Where does Dustin fit in Red Sox lore ?

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can’t stand him, he was good but not a leader and kind of a jerk from what I’ve read. Him and Nomar tarnished their legacy. Pedroia just hung around and freeloaded off the Sox for too long

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I can’t stand him, he was good but not a leader and kind of a jerk from what I’ve read. Him and Nomar tarnished their legacy. Pedroia just hung around and freeloaded off the Sox for too long

nailed it.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

i was never a fan. watched his whole career. i always saw him as a good but not great player. he tried to make a go of his whole laser show persona to the point it was sickening.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought he was an above average player, but certainly not worthy of all the hooplah last night, nor being enshrined into the Red Sox HOF, and apparently gets his # up there in right field with some serious Red Sox greats. Leader?? A term waaaay over used in baseball...all he did was scream at his team once in a while, is that leadership? I doubt he instilled much into anybody except his accountant and his agent.

He's a serious millionaire, why dote on him with golf trips to Ireland, Scotland and England? He can easily hire a private jet to ride around those links in a gold plated golf cart. BTW, he's not a big golfer, so maybe somebody came up short on the big gift. Perhaps a serious brown trout fishing trip to New Zealand might have played better. Laser this, la luna that, overplayed.

I'd go along with Perk's assessment. I can think of others more deserving that unfortunately time seems to have overlooked.
    Not to mention he has a thing for finding Bigfoot and an apparent bromance with Ric Flair. He caught some lucky breaks along the way, and at 5'7" did pretty well. He sure as hell milked the Red Sox for major $$ while contributing zip, zero, nada.

Sorry he had the knee replacement, but sometimes life tosses you a big curve ball. I survived mine, as apparently he survived his.

When will they have a Luis Tiant night???

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    I thought he was an above average player, but certainly not worthy of all the hooplah last night, nor being enshrined into the Red Sox HOF, and apparently gets his # up there in right field with some serious Red Sox greats. Leader?? A term waaaay over used in baseball...all he did was scream at his team once in a while, is that leadership? I doubt he instilled much into anybody except his accountant and his agent.

He's a serious millionaire, why dote on him with golf trips to Ireland, Scotland and England? He can easily hire a private jet to ride around those links in a gold plated golf cart. BTW, he's not a big golfer, so maybe somebody came up short on the big gift. Perhaps a serious brown trout fishing trip to New Zealand might have played better. Laser this, la luna that, overplayed.

I'd go along with Perk's assessment. I can think of others more deserving that unfortunately time seems to have overlooked.
    Not to mention he has a thing for finding Bigfoot and an apparent bromance with Ric Flair. He caught some lucky breaks along the way, and at 5'7" did pretty well. He sure as hell milked the Red Sox for major $$ while contributing zip, zero, nada.

Sorry he had the knee replacement, but sometimes life tosses you a big curve ball. I survived mine, as apparently he survived his.

When will they have a Luis Tiant night???

Well stated my friend 🍻

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭✭

Pedroia was exciting to watch as he made a lot of great plays.
    I can not believe here is no excitement for this years team Bloom has put together from what was left of last year's team.
    Cora is doing a good job.
    The fans are back in the park.
    Sale will be back on the field to help by August.
    They really have a chance to go deep into the playoffs.