Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is this 2000 BC Brady trimmed?

I have the opportunity to pick this up and I can’t tell if the dimensions are good or the sides are a little thin. Can anyone help? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    _EagleEyeKid__EagleEyeKid_ Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    edited June 22, 2021 11:12AM

I'm thinking the card is trimmed mainly because of the back. There are no tiny white fuzz along the edges. The edges can be smooth and corners sharp, but all the copies I've seen have little baby white hairs and fuzz along the edges. If this copy is so pristine, why isn't it already graded? Something like this also needs to be gauged in hand if possible.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Above Tom Brady’s name on the back there is a big amount of damage

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also front left corner looks like it bats out. I think trimmed as well

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

Without having it in hand and compare it to another card stacked on top.....it's a gamble....a big one.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

I think it looks ok, but not sure what is going on with the "rookie card" part on the front??

• Options
    soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

I'd measure it first. It almost looks too good, IMO. The corners are extremely sharp, back edges look very clean, and centering is spot on. Nice catch on the "rookie card" stamp OAKESY25, I was concerned with everything else. Nevertheless, nice card if its the right size.

• Options
    Historicalwood71Historicalwood71 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

It's actually Too perfect. Somebody would have graded it by now. Don't do it!

• Options
    _EagleEyeKid__EagleEyeKid_ Posts: 273 ✭✭✭

@handyman said:
    Above Tom Brady’s name on the back there is a big amount of damage

I believe that's just the light reflecting. I think he's using one of those mini card photo booth I've seen on Youtube.