Home Sports Talk
Options

Who is Brady talking about?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

ProFootballTalk

Tom Brady on a team that wasn’t interested in him last year: “You’re sticking with that motherf–ker?”

Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady appears on the new episode of The Shop: Uninterrupted on HBO. And something he says will have people talking in barber shops and beyond.

HBO has posted a promo for the episode. Regarding his 2020 foray into free agency, Brady says this about an unnamed NFL franchise: “One of the teams, they weren’t interested at the very end. I was thinking, you’re sticking with that motherf–ker?”

The team to which Brady is referring isn’t clear. It’s well known that Brady very much wanted to sign with the 49ers, and that the 49ers opted to stick with Jimmy Garoppolo.

So maybe Jimmy G is the unnamed motherf–ker. Maybe we’ll only find out who the unnamed motherf–ker is if the Bucs win another Super Bowl, and if Brady gets drunk again on avocado tequila.

Comments

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just read this elsewhere and was thinking It’s gotta be either SF w/JG or the Rams w/Goff at the time. He was looking to go to a somewhat complete team that could contend and the only other team that I thought might be a maybe was the Titans but Tannehill had just beat Brady in the playoffs.

• Options

I'm just dieing to know, they can't do this to us, we have a right to know!

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

always hard to decipher the mood in written text. so knowing it’s “the shop” where a ton of guy humor goes down, imma go w the packers & rodgers. only to hype the match.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll save ya any suspense. As the article basically states, it was Garoppolo...and only Garoppolo could incite language such as that from Tom Brady in that situation.

Of course Belichick drafted Garoppolo to eventually take Brady's place at New England, and obviously from the comment, there wasn't much love between the two for the few seasons Garoppolo was there.

Also, Brady's home town was in the San Francisco area, and he was a big 49ers fan growing up. So Brady wanted to go back and play in his home town as the article states. However with Garoppolo in place at QB for the 49ers, Brady saw Garoppolo as a thorn in his side once again. Hence the snide remark.

If anyone needs any other mysteries of life solved, I'm available for hire - $15 an hour plus expenses.

• Options

@stevek said:
    I'll save ya any suspense. As the article basically states, it was Garoppolo...and only Garoppolo could incite language such as that from Tom Brady in that situation.

Of course Belichick drafted Garoppolo to eventually take Brady's place at New England, and obviously from the comment, there wasn't much love between the two for the few seasons Garoppolo was there.

Also, Brady's home town was in the San Francisco area, and he was a big 49ers fan growing up. So Brady wanted to go back and play in his home town as the article states. However with Garoppolo in place at QB for the 49ers, Brady saw Garoppolo as a thorn in his side once again. Hence the snide remark.

If anyone needs any other mysteries of life solved, I'm available for hire - $15 an hour plus expenses.

Geez, $15 an hour is pretty steep, can't we get a discount, I mean we're all friends here? I think $12.50 is a bit more reasonable. On the other hand, if you can tell me where I might find a bigfoot, then $15 an hour is certainly reasonable!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

Geez, $15 an hour is pretty steep, can't we get a discount, I mean we're all friends here? I think $12.50 is a bit more reasonable. On the other hand, if you can tell me where I might find a bigfoot, then $15 an hour is certainly reasonable!

I found Bigfoot. He is Aaron Rodgers.

But please don't say anything past this thread, i wasn't supposed to tell.

• Options

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

I'll be darned, I zoomed in really close on the bigfoot picture, and upon further examination it appears you are correct, bigfoot is indeed Aaron Rodgers!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

I'll be darned, I zoomed in really close on the bigfoot picture, and upon further examination it appears you are correct, bigfoot is indeed Aaron Rodgers!

Rodgers almost looks like a human being when clean shaven. LOL

• Options

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

Yes, he refuses to stay clean shaven, he insists on remaining hairy!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

I first became suspicious of Rodgers being Bigfoot when i read he wears size 50 shoes.

• Options

@stevek said:

i got $17.50. figure out hydrants “bombshell” for me?

• Options

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

I first became suspicious of Rodgers being Bigfoot when i read he wears size 50 cowboy boots.

There, I fixed it for you!

• Options

The official Tom Brady scene.

• Options

Colin Cowberd thinks Tom Brady was talking about Mitchell Trubisky.

Colin Cowherd Reveals Who He Believes Tom Brady Was Talking About:

The big sports mystery of the week centers around Tom Brady, and Colin Cowherd believes he’s solved it.

During an appearance on HBO’s The Shop, Brady opened up about his free agency process last year. In doing so, he called out a mystery team for losing interest in the then free agent and also called the mystery team’s quarterback a “motherf—ker.”

“One of the teams, they weren’t interested at the very end,” Brady said. “I was thinking, ‘You’re sticking with that motherf–ker?’”

Well, as you may have guessed, NFL fans have spent the last 24 hours trying to figure out who Brady was talking about. Cowherd thinks No. 12 is referring to Mitch Trubisky and the Chicago Bears.

“It is a shot at Mitch Trubisky, who, for the record, is now a backup,” Cowherd said during Tuesday’s The Herd. “So what Tom is saying, as the G.O.A.T. to the now backup, is a reasonable thing to say. … So it is Trubisky. That’s the answer and that’s the truth.”

Others believe Tom Brady’s referring to the San Francisco 49ers, who’ve remained committed to Jimmy Garoppolo over the years. Tom Brady’s connection to Garoppolo adds a new layer of evidence to such a claim.

The reality is Brady reportedly had more interest in Chicago than San Francisco, though. Luckily for him, he chose the Buccaneers and won another Super Bowl as a result.

• Options

@blurryface said:

@stevek said:

@blurryface said:

@stevek said:

refund, please. 😉

• Options

@blurryface said:

@blurryface said:

@stevek said:

@blurryface said:

@stevek said:

refund, please. 😉

@blurryface said:

@blurryface said:

@stevek said:

@blurryface said:

@stevek said:

refund, please. 😉

Refund sent.

Minus the $17.50 handling charge.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tom Brady on a team that wasn’t interested in him last year: “You’re sticking with that motherf-ker?”

HA! I’ve figured it out for you guys and honestly I’m surprised nobody else here caught it first. Everyone has been looking at this the wrong way.
    So who is this mystery team sticking with that MF’er?
    ;););)

• Options

This is the biggest mystery right now, everyone is talking about it, the speculation is all over the place, Tannehill, Garoppolo, Trubisky, and I've even heard Drew Brees thrown out there. This is big, it's huge!

1. Who is the mysterious MF'er?
    2. Is there life beyond our planet?
    3. Does Bigfoot exist?
    4. Does the Loch Ness monster exist?
  • Options

@doubledragon said:
    This is the biggest mystery right now, everyone is talking about it, the speculation is all over the place, Tannehill, Garoppolo, Trubisky, and I've even heard Drew Brees thrown out there. This is big, it's huge!

3. Does Bigfoot exist?

Garoppolo, yes, no, no

i just instructed my secretary to bill DD for 30 seconds of my time.

The bill will be for 13 cents. Sorry it was actually 12.5 cents, but we always round up a fraction to the nearest cent.

• Options

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

3. Does Bigfoot exist?

Garoppolo, yes, no, no

i just instructed my secretary to bill DD for 30 seconds of my time.

The bill will be for 13 cents. Sorry it was actually 12.5 cents, but we always round up a fraction to the nearest cent.

Just put it on my forum tab, we'll settle up at the end of the month!

• Options
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought this was old news. It came out long ago so I just assumed everyone knew.

Brady, with his infinite ego, thought he was going to be cast as Maverick in the new Top Gun movie.
    When he heard differently, let's just say he was more than a little upset.
    "You're sticking with that mother f-----".

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

Actually thought everyone knew of Brady's acting plans.
    Here he was going in to audition for the movie "The legend of Tom Landry".

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

Tom, c'mon you're just embarrassing yourself at this point.
    They gave the part to Daniel Craig, get over it. :#

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21