Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Another E-Bay Notification! Perhaps this is a step in the right.......

Hey All,

I think this is supposed to help out us Sellers with bogus returns. I think it might help a td but will not make a dent in the BS shenanigans going on on E-Bay.

Thoughts?

Dear thedutymon,
Effective July 29, 2021, we are updating our eBay Money Back Guarantee policy for trading cards by changing the time frame for buyers requesting a return when the item doesn’t match the listing.

If the seller doesn’t offer returns, you must request a return no later than three (3) calendar days after delivery, instead of 30 days, to return an item when it doesn’t match the listing.

If the seller offers returns, you must request a return within the seller’s return window as stated in the listing.
While you may notice the absence of the eBay Money Back Guarantee badge from trading cards listings, these items will still be covered under eBay Money Back Guarantee as long as all eligibility requirements are met, including returns windows outlined in the policy.
eBay Money Back Guarantee policy changes for trading cards, effective July 29, 2021
Seller Return Policy
Current window to request a return when the item doesn’t match the listing
New window to request a return when the item doesn’t match the listing
No Returns
30 calendar days after delivery
3 calendar days after delivery
14 days
14 calendar days after delivery
30 days
No change
60 days
60 calendar days after delivery
No change
Thank you for shopping on eBay.

YeeHaw!

Neil

Comments

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

I personally like it a lot. It an item is SNAD on the 1st day they receive it, it's SNAD on the 30th day as well....sh!t or get off the pot. It might help the sellers when a flipper buys something and then a week later it's worth 1/2 the price. It'll be outside the 3 day window.

Granted, there's still the 6 months or whatever by going through a cc company, but at least this helps us sellers get a little more control back.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't buyers simply go directly through Paypal then to file a claim after the ebay window has closed?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    SoxPatsFanSoxPatsFan Posts: 197 ✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    Can't buyers simply go directly through Paypal then to file a claim after the ebay window has closed?

With Ebay's new payment system, most payments don't go through Paypal anymore. I'm not sure about Paypal's return window, but since the switch, only around 5-10% of payments for my sold items use Paypal.

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SoxPatsFan said:

@grote15 said:

With Ebay's new payment system, most payments don't go through Paypal anymore. I'm not sure about Paypal's return window, but since the switch, only around 5-10% of payments for my sold items use Paypal.

When paying buyer selects method. The default is eBay, but I forget what I did but mine now is set for Paypal. Most people are various form of unaware when it comes to stuff like this so I'd expect most payments will still get to sellers from eBay payments.

Given loss of business to Paypal curious to see what their next move will be.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SoxPatsFan said:

@grote15 said:

I still use paypal for most all of my Ebay purchases.

Also, you can still file a dispute for SNAD through your CC company, too. I dont really see this new policy having a profound effect on returns. Used to be for filing a dispute you went to Ebay first, then Paypal, then your CC. That part hasn't changed as far as I can tell. Not that I return anything anyway.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Is a seller still required to accept returns to receive the top-rated seller discount?

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

@detroitfan2 said:
    Is a seller still required to accept returns to receive the top-rated seller discount?

Not for cards.... been that way for a while.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SoxPatsFan said:

@grote15 said:

ive been switched to managed payments for a yesr now. i still use paypal to check out 100% of the time. even if i didnt, whatever banking/credit establishment i used still would override ebays decision.

so even w this rule change there are still 2 ways scammers can still scam and for up to 6 months later.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

So what happens when you buy a fake auto,pack,or trimmed item and find out later? SOL?

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2021 2:45PM

@handyman said:
    So what happens when you buy a fake auto,pack,or trimmed item and find out later? SOL?

depending on your state and banking institution, the statue of limitations starts from the time you are aware that you have been deceived. i always suggest amex. all you have to do is file a psa invoice showing it came back nefarious and/or a police report and upload it to their site. funds get credited back to your account 48 hours later.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RufussCkingston said:

@detroitfan2 said:

Can you post a link to that exception within the requirements? I haven't seen that before. Thought it still is as it always had been, 30-day return required.

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

@miwlvrn said:

@RufussCkingston said:

@detroitfan2 said:

Can you post a link to that exception within the requirements? I haven't seen that before. Thought it still is as it always had been, 30-day return required.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards/seller-levels-performance-standards?id=4080#section3

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

If you are on eBay managed Payments, is there a way to know what the buyer used to pay (PayPal, Credit Card, etc...)? How long can the Buyer file with their payment method? PayPal = 6 months, how about Credit Cards? And if the Buyer paid with PayPal, how will eBay Managed Payments handle it -- do they take the funds back from your checking account?

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

@miwlvrn said:

@RufussCkingston said:

@detroitfan2 said:

Very interesting. I just read the link and yes NO RETURNS for the discount. It's as if that's been hidden. They make so many changes it's crazy. Thanks for the link.