Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New TrueView images showing the entire slab Image?

retirednowretirednow Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I missed an information note from PCGS .. but I just used the Cert Verification to check a couple Cert numbers of a couple of pieces and I noted that the TRUEVIEW image is more than a crop photo of the coin ... they show the obverse and reverse of the entire slab! While the image oF the actual coin is smaller - the image appears more of "Photo In Hand". Would anyone share their thoughts?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    It is said these are photos from pcgs overseas offices

I would not think so ... the 2 I just look at were US patterns so I would not think they came from anywhere but CAL.

https://www.pcgs.com/cert/15757781

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

This.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:

@MsMorrisine said:

This.

This x2

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

@retirednow said:

@MsMorrisine said:

I would not think so ... the 2 I just look at were US patterns so I would not think they came from anywhere but CAL.

While it is a US pattern, it could have easily been submitted at the Paris, Hong Kong, or Shanghai office (which would use the photo you see in that cert lookup page).

• Options

@U1chicago said:

@retirednow said:

@MsMorrisine said:

While it is a US pattern, it could have easily been submitted at the Paris, Hong Kong, or Shanghai office (which would use the photo you see in that cert lookup page).

You may be correct ... I guess if I lived Overseas and collected these I might have just done that to resubmit them there to be re-holder. It appeared the one was in a PCGS holder back in 2011. While I think it looks fine it would be nice if they would also post the traditional TRUEVIEW image as well.

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Agreed.

It would be nice if PCGS would show both the current TrueView and the current “SlabView” like auction houses do. I like seeing the label.

it is my belief that the standard tier went up partly because all coins get TVs. i bet if we get another bump in price, they may just do that. would be FANTASTIC for counterfeit detection. i'm sure there are other considerations umm, i am not considering.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@Zoins said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Agreed.

It would be nice if PCGS would show both the current TrueView and the current “SlabView” like auction houses do. I like seeing the label.

it is my belief that the standard tier went up partly because all coins get TVs. i bet if we get another bump in price, they may just do that. would be FANTASTIC for counterfeit detection. i'm sure there are other considerations umm, i am not considering.

I thought standard tier didn’t have TrueView included, only Gold Shield. You could get TV as an extra to standard but many would just get Gold Shield.

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

I thought standard tier didn’t have TrueView included, only Gold Shield. You could get TV as an extra to standard but many would just get Gold Shield.

i used the word standard in place of regular. apologies.

anything at the Regular level and above are now auto TV and is part of the price bump from what i have extrapolated.

So, from what i can tell ONLY the economy tier of any graded coin should have TV as of Jan 1, 2021. exceptions, bulk, specials etc. probably.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2021 6:21PM
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2021 9:40PM

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@Zoins said:

i used the word standard in place of regular. apologies.

anything at the Regular level and above are now auto TV and is part of the price bump from what i have extrapolated.

So, from what i can tell ONLY the economy tier of any graded coin should have TV as of Jan 1, 2021. exceptions, bulk, specials etc. probably.

It looks like Regular and above is not just Auto-TV but Auto-GoldShield, which of course includes TV, but includes other items as well.

• Options

@Crypto said:
    It happens

I am not familiar with the piece in your image but now that I think more about this ... it will be kind of annoying to view the coin reverse. I do not like looking at photos upside down which is what happens with most US coins images if they do not rotate the reverse slab . At least TV rotate the crop image of the reverse ,,, they should do that as well in the TV if they show a slab. I hope these are just one off examples.

• Options

@Crypto said:
    It happens

While this is a overseas "SlabView", check out the following with a TrueView template and logo:

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2024 10:03AM

Euroviews. European style trueviews. Used for coins submitted through overseas bases.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got a few of these. For example:

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2024 10:14AM

I bought this US coin on eBay off of seller from Italy and it has the European style trueview of the coin in the slab

Mr_Spud

• Options

@Aotearoa said:

@Mr_Spud said:
    I bought this US coin on eBay off of seller from Italy and it has the European style trueview of the coin in the slab

>
    Aren't those upside reverses annoying

• Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

@retirednow said:

@Aotearoa said:

@Mr_Spud said:

>

I just rotate the slab 180 degrees.

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aotearoa said:

@retirednow said:

@Aotearoa said:

@Mr_Spud said:

>

I just rotate the slab 180 degrees.

🙃

Mr_Spud

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

those are TrueView's from Asia office

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights