Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is the entertainment value of coins under appreciated.

2»

Comments

• Options
    RubiconRubicon Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

@Eldorado9 said:

@Rubicon said:

@Rubicon said:

@Eldorado9 said:

@Rubicon said:

@Eldorado9 said:
    Huge entertainment value for me. And I must say, having collected in three widely spaced periods, the 70's, the 90's and now.....By far, and I must give big credit to PCGS, today is unparalleled in terms of entertainment factor. The True views, Set Registry, Coin Facts all add hugely to the overall enjoyment.

Part of the fun for me is hunting for those exceptional eye appealing coins that are elusive to find in ms 64-65 moderate price coins. I look to buy ms 65 coins with 66-67 eye appeal and high end quality. That’s the challenge

@Rubicon Absolutely agree with you, and boy those coins are getting hard to find. I do mainly proofs, and with grade inflation, it is extremely difficult to locate, say a Proof 65 coin, with stellar surfaces and color that equal the look of a PF67, or PF68. Very few out there anymore.

Not an expert in proof coins but ms 65 coins that are very lustrous with minimal marks no spotting and pretty surfaces difficult to locate

What do you think of these 2 proof coins I saw for sale?

Regarding the 1942 in 64 @Rubicon Looks like an attractive piece. I like some originality on these pieces. Normally the original toning shows up with colors of beige, russet, and powder blue The devices show a bit of cameo effect in the photos. PCGS price is $425.00. Might be worth a shot. The thing I can't see is the flash of mirrors, which is important....Many times they come dull on these.....

Thank You for your feedback. I will contact the seller and ask him if there is flash in the mirrors.

• Options
    USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rubicon said:
    Is the entertainment value of coins under appreciated.

Not if it's these coins...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RhEv7wNzqg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file