Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How do I complain about my PWCC listing?

kuppthetruthkuppthetruth Posts: 4

I requested an edit on a rare SSP Rookie card. I wanted the team manager to put more information in the text information of the listing. I was turned down as it didn't fit the titling and some other aspect. I chatted with another team member who read my posts. He immediately apologized and said he was going to file a report with assets and operations manager and QR. I wanted the listing cancelled due to severe mishandling of the listing. The next day I received an email from the team member who had filed the claim. He gave me the same canned response the original team member gave and said my claim to cancel the listing was denied. PWCC is a closed community; the team member said the manager's contact information wasn't available to the public domain. How do I file a complaint with PWCC? I know the name of the manager. Should I address a letter to him and would it get through? A large company should have a complaint department if someone has a legitimate complaint. I feel they wanted to handle this serious error internally and not deal with me on a personal level. Any help on how to complain to PWCC on a higher level would be appreciated. Many thanks. I hope this post goes to cards and memorabilia.

Comments

• Options
    picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

What's the card & how was it mis- listed ?

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet another reason I'd never use them to consign. There are much better options out there. Good luck.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

link the listing.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

It seems like you got an answer - although it wasn't the one you wanted. Just another reason not to do business with them in the future. It wouldn't hurt to reach out to other folks within PWCC but I doubt they are going to step on each others toes after two responses were been given with the same outcome in the end.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not sure you can get them to change the description but I do think you can have them delay/cancel the listing if it hasn't been listed yet.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    Yet another reason I'd never use them to consign. There are much better options out there. Good luck.

I got 110% of VCP thru them on a lot of nearly 200 cards. I was pleased.

• Options

Reach out to Jesse Craig, Director of Business Development, on IG or jesse@pwccmarketplace.com

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not the best advice I've ever given, but If you really feel PWCC is not acting in your best interest in this matter, just have someone win the card and not pay.

• Options

The card is a 1998-99 Paul Pierce S.P. Top Prospects Presidents Edition /10 RC. I wanted PWCC to add content about the card in the text portion, not just the title. I tried to get an edit but my edit request and cancellation was turned down, and I quote " your edit request and cancellation has been denied by our Operations team, as it does not fit our titling and descriptions formats". I thank you all for your comments and to SpinFadeSplash23 for the email link.

• Options
    jimqjimq Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

I think they have an auction template they almost always use, and it doesn't include any descriptions. Also in the fine print they don't usually give cards back. You can have a friend win it, costing you the 13 or whatever % plus shipping, or just learn your lesson and move on. Maybe it'll surprise you and sell for enough even without a description.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Do you have a link? Sorry to hear your experience.

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

Is this a 'Listing' or an auction? If it's a listing, just take it down.

If it was sent to auction, I would find it hard to believe that they wouldn't add some descriptive text to the item description. However, for 'listings' they don't.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2021 11:54AM

just buy it back. if its seriously not listed correctly, youve asked to have it fixed, were told no then to me thats grounds to bid on your own item. technically this could be labeled a shill bid. imo, this is 100% justifiable. just ensure that you pay for it. then move on. not paying for it would look nefarious on your end. there are more than enough cases where auction houses “seem” to have mislabeled items to actually suppress bids^. bottom line is you consigned it and want it done correctly. by them not doing it correctly negates their fine print in which you agree to not bid on your own item. again and for the record, only for items listed w issues.

eta: ^the recent jordan 10 that the consignee had to actually get ebay to cancel the sale for instance.

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

I'd be interested to know exactly what edits were requested.......

• Options

@billwaltonsbeard said:
    Is this a 'Listing' or an auction? If it's a listing, just take it down.

If it was sent to auction, I would find it hard to believe that they wouldn't add some descriptive text to the item description. However, for 'listings' they don't.

very valid point. i dont think any of the vault listings or flash auctions have descriptions that the monthly auctions do. if that's the case then those are the terms in the fine print and you have zero case for requesting an edit and/or complaining.

• Options
    PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 301 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2021 1:00PM

@markj111 said:

@grote15 said:

I got 110% of VCP thru them on a lot of nearly 200 cards. I was pleased.

This post isn't about you, bro

• Options
    edited June 19, 2021 12:21PM

doesnt look that bad, imo. and you got me defending pwcc here. however i do agree w you wholeheartedly on the lack of contact numbers and issues there. just another and very valid reason to search out another consigning option.

had it been this, i could understand. “

“puel pierce”?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402862715834?hash=item5dcc7d33ba:g:5lAAAOSwliJgqGDP&nma=true&si=0bbbG%2FzpulnNSu%2BDJYOoGtaKEFQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

• Options
    jimqjimq Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

If it's the one Huggy linked, it's awfully hard to notice it's /10. You should have a plan to snipe it if it stays too low. You might be better off selling it yourself later.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been very open of criticizing PWCC but I see nothing wrong with that listing (except for the yellow PWCC logo that would make me never bid on it - sorry cannot resist). Seriously it says it is a /10 in the listing and even tells people it is a pop 2.

• Options

@brad31 said:
    I have been very open of criticizing PWCC but I see nothing wrong with that listing (except for the yellow PWCC logo that would make me never bid on it - sorry cannot resist). Seriously it says it is a /10 in the listing and even tells people it is a pop 2.

this is why i wish i could hit two tags. bc i agree but also laughed at the “nothing wrong except” part.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

With that title, the description or lack thereof is irrelevant. What "severe mishandling" can you possibly be complaining about? It appears everything important is in the title and sub-title.

Robb

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

@nam812 said:
    Not the best advice I've ever given, but If you really feel PWCC is not acting in your best interest in this matter, just have someone win the card and not pay.

they relist the next month on no-pays

• Options

@Kepper19 said:

@nam812 said:

they relist the next month on no-pays

im sure the terms of service has changed over the years, but this is/was correct. they would not send you a card back if it was not paid for. there also used to be a very tricky clause in there that if your card received no bids, that you forfeited your item and it became pwccs property. as you can imagine, things can get very dicey if theres a listing error, wrong pic used or its a very obscure niche item.

• Options

I agree I don't see a problem with the listing. What else did you want to add about it?

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭

I think the OP is in the wrong or rather is not justified in his issue. PWCC only puts a "special" description (of mostly fluff) on cards of provenance or high value. The card in question here has no real value history as the only "sale" is a best offer of the SAME cert 1 year ago for $550 (https://www.psacard.com/auctionprices/basketball-cards/1998-sp-top-prospects/paul-pierce/auction/4368825718279841475

Besides, what text could possibly be added to the description for this card other than some mumbo-jumbo about how "rare" it is? A description would make sense to specify the condition of a raw card. But for a graded card, if the title matches the flip, then there is no need for a description other than for hyperbole.