Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Certification of ballots by pcgs

Yo2007Yo2007 Posts: 5
edited June 16, 2021 12:37PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Guys, do you know how to explain how to send ballots correctly for certification on pcgs? Because I will send from Brazil to the United States, how to send correctly? envelope or otherwise? and bureaucracy?

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

can you post a picture of what you are trying to submit?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Yo2007Yo2007 Posts: 5
    edited June 15, 2021 3:24PM

@MsMorrisine said:
    can you post a picture of what you are trying to submit?

Of course, these are Banknotes of about 90 Years old, to the Republic of the United States of Brazil,I would like to know how to send, send inside an envelope or otherwise, and the bureaucracy.

• Options
  • Options

we are the USA coins forum.

I do not know world currency. but the ones you have shown are for sale on ebay and are low value

just to send them to certify, it will cost US$69 for membership fees. then there are more fees to certify them.

My advice is not to certify them since it appears their value is less than the cost to become a member.

perhaps something like these can be used to protect them:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/333384395553 (US only)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aren't those notes from the 1950's? Common and not worth even the postage to send to the US.
    They are available for sale on ebay for $1 to $5 each.
    bob :)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/363434351243?hash=item549e601a8b:g:1zEAAOSwpYhfWPkp

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

@AUandAG said:
    Aren't those notes from the 1950's? Common and not worth even the postage to send to the US.
    They are available for sale on ebay for $1 to $5 each.
    bob :)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/363434351243?hash=item549e601a8b:g:1zEAAOSwpYhfWPkp

no, no, this banknote is not American, it is Brazilian, one of the first notes, it is from the beginning of the century, more or less 1910 to 1920.

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

I do not know world currency. but the ones you have shown are for sale on ebay and are low value

just to send them to certify, it will cost US$69 for membership fees. then there are more fees to certify them.

My advice is not to certify them since it appears their value is less than the cost to become a member.

I understand, thank you for your advice, but I don't just have these grades, I have about 160 more, I'll send it because I want the certificate.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    They are not from 1910 to 1920. Brazil didn't switch to Cruzeiros until the 1940s. That note appears to be a Pick 157 issued from 1955-1958.

@jmlanzaf

I hope that you do not mind, but I have a question.

When I check this source, these notes appear to be P.151, as opposed to P.157.
    What am I missing?

Note - I am NOT nitpicking your response. In fact, the opposite is true. I appreciate you posting about Cruzeiros and the "pick" numbers, because it is an opportunity for me to learn something new. Thank you. :)

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW-welcome to the boards!

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 15, 2021 7:58PM

@MetroD said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    They are not from 1910 to 1920. Brazil didn't switch to Cruzeiros until the 1940s. That note appears to be a Pick 157 issued from 1955-1958.

@jmlanzaf

I hope that you do not mind, but I have a question.

When I check this source, these notes appear to be P.151, as opposed to P.157.
    What am I missing?

Note - I am NOT nitpicking your response. In fact, the opposite is true. I appreciate you posting about Cruzeiros and the "pick" numbers, because it is an opportunity for me to learn something new. Thank you. :)

The bust is different isn't it? I'm not really sure, I looked quickly in my catalog but couldn't make it the signatures on the notes posted.

• Options

@Yo2007 said:

@MsMorrisine said:

I understand, thank you for your advice, but I don't just have these grades, I have about 160 more, I'll send it because I want the certificate.

It will cost you about $5000 to certify 160 of these notes which will then be worth about $300.

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf I like your helpfulness and willingness to share. For this guy or gal

Martin

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    The bust is different isn't it? I'm not really sure, I looked quickly in my catalog but couldn't make it the signatures on the notes posted.

Do not know whether it is correct or not, but I was focusing on the red characters in the upper left and lower right. The P.157 notes appear to have additional lines that are not present in the P.151 notes.

• Options

@MetroD said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Do not know whether it is correct or not, but I was focusing on the red characters in the upper left and lower right. The P.157 notes appear to have additional lines that are not present in the P.151 notes.

If I cared more, I'd look more closely. Lol. It's either 151 or 157. Either way, it's 1950s vintage and $1 or $2

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    If I cared more, I'd look more closely. Lol. It's either 151 or 157. Either way, it's 1950s vintage and $1 or $2

I learned something new. Thank You. :)

I am continually impressed by the breadth and depth of the knowledge base on this forum.
    Am equally impressed with the generosity of members that are willing to share their knowledge with others.

• Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

I have to agree with 'jmlanzaf' re: the cost to grade the Brazilian Cruzados. Unless they truly are much older, are special serial numbers (or scarce signatures/prefixes), plus in much better condition than the ones pictured, I would save my money & just put them in regular currency sleeves. The notes pictured are too common to be shipping & slabbing IMO.