Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Redemption Swap Stories

I was wondering if anyone has any good stories about swapping a redemption and getting something better, or maybe bad stories too? I have a redemption for a Jacob Eason/Jonathon Taylor dual auto (2020 Illusions /35) and I'm considering swapping once the 2nd 120 days is up (if it gets there). I don't have any dual autos, so I was excited to pull this, even though it might be worthless in 10 years.

Comments

• Options
    CrashingwavesCrashingwaves Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

Best redemption swap I was ever able to receive was with Topps and they sent some unopened product. It is rare to have a replacement of higher value.

To me what really stings... is when you see high end cards being sent as redemption replacements that actually should be in the product.

• Options
    CARDSANDCOINSCARDSANDCOINS Posts: 340 ✭✭✭

In approx 2004 Upper Deck could not get some Nba rookies (scrubs) to sign there cards so I sent all the redemptions in (20?) and they sent me Frank Thomas, Barry Bonds and Manny Ramirez autographed cards.

On a bad note I Pulled an Iverson auto redemption card from Topps and they couldnt get him to sign and they sent me a shaq jersey card, but I complained and they sent me a set of blue refractors