Home Sports Talk
Options

Le'Veon Bell trashes Andy Reid

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

Le'Veon Bell is mad at Andy Reid and has been trashing him on Instagram.

Le'Veon Bell called out Andy Reid on Instagram saying he'd rather retire than play for the Chiefs head coach again.

Free-agent running back Le'Veon Bell dissed his former coach, Andy Reid, with an Instagram comment, in which he claimed he'd rather retire than play under Reid again.

“I’ll never play for Andy Reid again,” Bell wrote. “I’d retire first.”

The comment came under a post from RapTV about someone who spent over $700 at McDonald's.

Bell signed on to play under Reid for the Kansas City Chiefs during Week 6 of the 2020 season.

While Bell didn't explain his beef with the Super Bowl-winning head coach, Reid didn't provide Bell with the typical amount of play-time that a three-time Pro Bowler would warrant.

Last month, Bell appeared to take a shot at Reid, but he didn't call out any one of his former coaches by name.

"Lol the only difference with the steelers was they gave me opportunity," Bell wrote on Twitter, replying to a fan who said he's been a let down the last three years since being a member of the Steelers. "Haven’t had that since I left, I probably need to play for a defensive minded head coach instead of these offensive minded guru’s ..."

Now knowing Bell's frustration with Reid, it's certainly possible this was a shot at the offensive-focused Kansas City coach.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

He has absolutely nothing to gain by trashing Reid, even though he is right. Why they even bothered to add him to the roster if they were not going to use him?

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

In retrospect, holding out for a full season ruined his career. He's been mediocre at best since then after being otherworldly prior to that. Perhaps he would have fallen off a cliff regardless but he's not good enough to warrant the workload he had with Pittsburgh.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

how the agents of these guys allow them to even have social media accounts (that arent run by pr personnel) is beyond me. he could totally be right about reid. but if i were a coach, why take the risk on such an underwhelming talent?

• Options

@grote15 said:
    In retrospect, holding out for a full season ruined his career. He's been mediocre at best since then after being otherworldly prior to that. Perhaps he would have fallen off a cliff regardless but he's not good enough to warrant the workload he had with Pittsburgh.

Well neither the jets or KC actually used him the way he was supposed to be used. Bell will regret his stupidity in Pittsburgh though, he cost himself a TON of money. I think he has like 6 kids too so you will read about him being flat broke down the road. He is a complete idiot

• Options

Yep, he really screwed things up with his Pittsburgh shenanigans. Since then he has been a waste for every team he's been to, no one has used him properly, he should have just stayed in Pittsburgh when he had that chance.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Yep, he really screwed things up with his Pittsburgh shenanigans. Since then he has been a waste for every team he's been to, no one has used him properly, he should have just stayed in Pittsburgh when he had that chance.

Like sure fire HOF’er if he just kept his mouth shut and stayed with the Steelers.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Like sure fire HOF’er if he just kept his mouth shut and stayed with the Steelers.

Yep, he really screwed up bigtime!

• Options

🙄

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm 100% sure that Andy Reid couldn't care less about Le'Veon Bell. LOL

• Options

@stevek said:
    I'm 100% sure that Andy Reid couldn't care less about Le'Veon Bell. LOL

We all know there's only one way to settle this Steve.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2021 12:25PM

^ would definitely be better than the lamar odom & that something something carter “fight”.

might even catch me paying $5.99 ppv on a slow tuesday night.

• Options

I'd pay to see it, no holds barred, anything goes. Bash him with your headset Andy!

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is just weird,someone posts a pic of a $700 McDonalds order and Bell chimes in and starts arguing with a bunch of random people lol.

• Options

Btw it’s not “Andy Reid” it’s “The Walrus”

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah let's give the ball to a washed up Leveon Bell 35 times a game when we have Patrick Mahomes.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

Bell is an idiot.... and yes agents seem to not impress me. Some seemingly give no advice to their clients. Whacky at times.

• Options

Bell has commented on social media about what he said about Andy Reid.

The Spun

Look: Le’Veon Bell Hints At Why He Dislikes Andy Reid

Le’Veon Bell made headlines this weekend for his comments on Andy Reid. The former Chiefs running back said he would rather retire than play for the Kansas City head coach again.

“I’d never play for Andy Reid again … I’d retire first,” Bell said in response to a fan’s comment on an Instagram post.

Bell played for the Chiefs for the latter half of the 2021 season. He was signed by Kansas City after getting released by New York.

Unsurprisingly, Bell has faced some social media scrutiny for his comments on Reid.

Bell attempted to clarify his issue on Sunday night.

“I said what I said & I don’t regret at all what I said,” Bell wrote. “For those who have a PERSONAL PROBLEM with me because of what I SAID, that’s fine. you have your right! just understand I ALSO have MY RIGHT for how I feel about MY PERSONAL problem with dude because of what HE SAID to me.”

Bell added that he enjoyed his time in Kansas City.

“never did I say I didn’t enjoy my time in KC, because I loved my time there, and was probably the closest locker room full of players I ever been around…I enjoyed my teammates, the city, food, the fans, just about everything in KC…” he wrote.

However, Bell said he won’t be getting into any details.

“I’m not about to get all into depth on why I feel the way I do, but I have my right to feel the way I feel…the ONLY thing I would change is commenting how i really felt on social media…” he wrote.

“I’ll admit that’s somethin I could’ve and should’ve kept to myself & I apologize about that and that only… but I don’t regret what I said, because that’s how I feel…so you can love me or hate me, I’m gonna be fine regardless … I’m just giving you a small version from my point of view on why I said what I said.”

Bell, 29, is currently a free agent.

• Options

A little damage control probably advised by his agent..

• Options

I learned a long time ago that the dumbest thing you can do in a job interview is badly knock your former or current boss. The logic really is simple, the interviewer figures if you call your other boss an SOB in the interview, then soon after you're hired, you'll be calling your new boss an SOB. Nobody in a smooth running business needs an employee like that.

Later on when i became the interviewer, i quickly eliminated these interview complainers from consideration by ending the interview as quickly as possible, and telling the applicant, "I'll get back to ya if we're interested." LOL

I realize sports can sometimes be different, but i think the basics are still the same. The Bucs got lucky with Antonio Brown which is an exception to the rule about hiring a malcontent player who badly badmouths his former team. I guess that a complaining star player is perhaps sometimes worth the risk in their calculations.

• Options

@stevek said:
    I learned a long time ago that the dumbest thing you can do in a job interview is badly knock your former or current boss. The logic really is simple, the interviewer figures if you call your other boss an SOB in the interview, then soon after you're hired, you'll be calling your new boss an SOB. Nobody in a smooth running business needs an employee like that.

Later on when i became the interviewer, i quickly eliminated these interview complainers from consideration by ending the interview as quickly as possible, and telling the applicant, "I'll get back to ya if we're interested." LOL

I realize sports can sometimes be different, but i think the basics are still the same. The Bucs got lucky with Antonio Brown which is an exception to the rule about hiring a malcontent player who badly badmouths his former team. I guess that a complaining star player is perhaps sometimes worth the risk in their calculations.

I’ve never been an interviewer for a job applicant but I would agree to a point that trashing your former employer is not good unless your delivery is good backed up by a reasonable explanation as to why your saying what your saying? I mean I think Lev Bell is absolutely within his rights to be pissed off at KC for eliminating him from the game plan especially with the backs they used. It made no sense. Lev is angry because it did nothing to help his stock, he should have said he was disappointed as to how his tenure with KC turned out and that’s it.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

I’ve never been an interviewer for a job applicant but I would agree to a point that trashing your former employer is not good unless your delivery is good backed up by a reasonable explanation as to why your saying what your saying? I mean I think Lev Bell is absolutely within his rights to be pissed off at KC for eliminating him from the game plan especially with the backs they used. It made no sense. Lev is angry because it did nothing to help his stock, he should have said he was disappointed as to how his tenure with KC turned out and that’s it.

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

I completely agree with ya about, "he should have said he was disappointed as to how his tenure with KC turned out and that’s it."

Andy Reid, at least in his long tenure as head coach with the Eagles, was a strict disciplinarian - old school. Reid wouldn't tolerate any BS from any player, and especially lack of effort or disobeying rules.

Just my opinion that probably Bell did at least some of that to get in the Andy Reid dog house. If that's the case, which in my opinion it probably is, then Bell should be blaming himself, not Andy Reid.