Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Had to laugh... pic included

yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

A couple years ago the local supplier got in between a fight between two people at Target and injured his arm. Over sports cards!

On a whim cruised by my local Target yesterday. Had to laugh...

Fred has officially retired and the manager said it had gotten crazy. The small area of cards did north of $1 million in sales according to Fred.

Saw a pack searching Pokemon geek. They even have tricks for the cardboatd/plastic hangers.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

Comments

• Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

Yes this is national news and all Targets have this posted. There was a fight in a Target parking somewhere in the US and a gun was involved.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

its even funnier bc these guys are giving up thier coins and paper for this stuff, huh? 😉

• Options
    KurtisJosephKurtisJoseph Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

I have friends in the card production business. These guys have been doing cards for 30 years. They’ve never seen anything like this. Even crushes Michael Jordan years. Pokémon cards are 9 months behind.

• Options
    edited June 14, 2021 5:07AM

@blurryface said:
    its even funnier bc these guys are giving up thier coins and paper for this stuff, huh? 😉

No.... just lost interest due to the 6 month and 12 month waits on getting my bulk orders :)

Coins have always been a love, but like cards too... picked this up recently for the long term PC

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    weaselpuppyweaselpuppy Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

Walked into a Target today, big sign like that at Front Service desk.

Walked back to collectibles shelf anyways.

4 Topps Chrome Champions League UEFA and 1 Panini UFC blasters just sitting there....Thank You Very Much! $105.

Already sold for $325 within a few hours.

Just paid for a couple subs worth of fees I'm expecting to pop soon!

• Options

@weaselpuppy said:
    Walked into a Target today, big sign like that at Front Service desk.

Walked back to collectibles shelf anyways.

4 Topps Chrome Champions League UEFA and 1 Panini UFC blasters just sitting there....Thank You Very Much! $105.

Already sold for $325 within a few hours.

Just paid for a couple subs worth of fees I'm expecting to pop soon!

Well played...

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

That's what the prospect of making easy money will do to otherwise normal people.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians