Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

EBAY seller LISTING question - new SALES TAX field

craiggercraigger Posts: 656 ✭✭

ok, so i haven't listed anything in a couple months. I listed a few items earlier today and i see a lot more fields to fill out. There was never anything previously to fill in regarding SALES TAX and the sales tax would automatically get added. Now there is a field asking for the state and the %. Is it my responsibility as the seller to fill this in now, or is this field for something else? Appreciate any help...
Craig

Currently collecting all sports HOF Rookie Cards graded by PSA...for my sons Jayce & Luke.

Successful dealings with: ChiSoxCardboard,
lbcoach20, ShootyBabitt, cincyredlegs, pclpads, jwgators, hoopguru33, mphilking, daverat, Hallco, corvette1340, 8irvin8, Pre72, Estil, BigDaddyBowman, al032184. 1966CUDA, gwinny, samspop

Comments

• Options

ttt

Currently collecting all sports HOF Rookie Cards graded by PSA...for my sons Jayce & Luke.

lbcoach20, ShootyBabitt, cincyredlegs, pclpads, jwgators, hoopguru33, mphilking, daverat, Hallco, corvette1340, 8irvin8, Pre72, Estil, BigDaddyBowman, al032184. 1966CUDA, gwinny, samspop
  • Options

my understanding is that if you are a business in one of the few states that ebay is not required to collect then you would fill it in. I am in Florida and collect it and fill in that field. That is for a few more weeks when things change and eBay will start collecting in Florida which makes my life so much easier

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

@beachbumcollecting said:
    my understanding is that if you are a business in one of the few states that ebay is not required to collect then you would fill it in. I am in Florida and collect it and fill in that field. That is for a few more weeks when things change and eBay will start collecting in Florida which makes my life so much easier

@beachbumcollecting said:

It sounds like you know what you are doing. But just in case, even if no sales tax is collected, you're likely still going to need to send in a filled out quarterly form listing total sales, etc, to the Florida DOR.

Your accountant can clarify, or instructions will be on the Florida DOR website.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2021 9:26PM

I thought it depends on the location of the BUYER not seller. People in Oregon are not paying sales tax no matter where the seller is from.

• Options

Mickey71 correct - i found the details about it on the Ebay site - it is for something else about territories that dont get reported automatically. any states that do require sales tax will still automatically come out of your payments