Home Sports Talk
Options

Suns - Nuggets?

Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 11, 2021 6:57PM in Sports Talk

Just a quickie - can the Suns dominate the Nuggets tonight? I've never seen such a turn around - how did Chris Paul make such a difference with the surrounding team but LeJames just always needs more??

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

devin booker is a bad man.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paul has a knack for helping right the ship. Leadership, example, grit. Proven track record.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Phoenix had a young team with an elite scorer in Booker,a solid big in Ayton plus numerous other players that fit their roles the only thing missing was an experienced leader like
    CP3. Not taking anything away from Jokic winning MVP but there’s a case to be made for Chris Paul deserving that award too.
    Of the teams left playing I’m hoping to see either the Bucks or the Suns win it all but it’s likely going to be Brooklyn.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Phoenix had a young team with an elite scorer in Booker,a solid big in Ayton plus numerous other players that fit their roles the only thing missing was an experienced leader like
    CP3. Not taking anything away from Jokic winning MVP but there’s a case to be made for Chris Paul deserving that award too.
    Of the teams left playing I’m hoping to see either the Bucks or the Suns win it all but it’s likely going to be Brooklyn.

if you woulda asked me before the playoffs, my money woulda been on brooklyn. i just dont see how the suns can be stopped. especially firing on all pistons. and actually, considering brooklyn basically built a super team, id rather see the suns win it.

• Options
    edited June 12, 2021 4:16PM

@blurryface - "considering brooklyn basically built a super team, I'd rather see the suns win it

Even though one of the three always seems to be hurt. I'm waiting for Kyrie to go down with some kind of injury. When he was here in Cleveland he constantly had something wrong with him.

• Options

@blurryface said:

@erikthredd said:

if you woulda asked me before the playoffs, my money woulda been on brooklyn. i just dont see how the suns can be stopped. especially firing on all pistons. and actually, considering brooklyn basically built a super team, id rather see the suns win it.

I saw enough in the Nets-Celtics series to honestly say that I don’t see anyone beating Brooklyn four times in seven games. That offense is just unstoppable at times and very reminiscent of the Curry/Klay/KD days maybe even better due to Joe Harris & Landry Shamet being lights out from deep on top of KD/Kyrie/Harden. Obviously Harden’s hamstring will play a factor going forward but that team is deep enough to survive a few games missing one of their stars.

I think the only team still playing that might be able to take them down is Utah, they’re balanced enough on both ends to maybe make it a series.
    The Bucks need more from the “other” guys and as great as Giannis is he hampers them late from the free throw line.
    Philly might have the defense to match up with the Nets but their offense isn’t all that great. Same could probably be said for the Clippers because you never know if Playoff Paul will show up. Atlanta & Denver aren’t even close yet imo.
    Phoenix might be the biggest wild card because Chris Paul’s ability to control the pace of the game and he’s got a sidekick capable of dropping 70pts in a game in Booker. I think the one thing that might be in the Suns favor if they meet up with the Nets is their youth. Turn the game into a track meet and see if older guys like Griffin,Green & Jordan and KD&Harden,with recent lower leg issues, can keep up. I’d prefer to see any other team win it than Brooklyn but it’s gonna be tough.

• Options
    edited June 13, 2021 1:13PM

@Steven59 said:
    @blurryface - "considering brooklyn basically built a super team, I'd rather see the suns win it

Even though one of the three always seems to be hurt.I'm waiting for Kyrie to go down with some kind of injury. When he was here in Cleveland he constantly had something wrong with him.

Not even 24hrs later and he goes done with an ankle injury.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

Isn't that something.................. looks like Durant is now a one man show - series tied 2-2

• Options

@Steven59 said:

@erikthredd said:

Isn't that something.................. looks like Durant is now a one man show - series tied 2-2

Yup,I was just thinking the same myself. Multiple air balls, 9-25/1-9 shooting with whining to the refs all game he doesn’t look like the basketball god that we’re used to when he doesn’t have a Westbrook/Harden, Curry/Klay and Kyrie/Harden pair on the floor with him. Hopefully the Bucks can steal this next game before the Nets regroup.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

Multiple air balls, 9-25/1-9 shooting with whining to the refs all game he doesn’t look like the basketball god that we’re used to

That sure reminds me of someone ...................Ahhhh.... "Court Jester James"

• Options

WOW! - Chris Paul coming through big time tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

So Denver reverts to dirty pool -

• Options

WOAH - Booker wants to fight the White giant - Save Booker!!!!

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@Steven59 said:

Even though one of the three always seems to be hurt.I'm waiting for Kyrie to go down with some kind of injury. When he was here in Cleveland he constantly had something wrong with him.

and it wasn't even brain!

• Options

Oh look - Cleveland Cavs had McGee but he wasn't good enough - so now Denver has him......

• Options

Darn - Paul is taking over - while you know who gots plenty time to make movies - and stick his nose where it don't belong.........

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

Chris Paul never can stay healthy......there's a long way to go.

• Options

No Kyrie or Harden for Game 5 back in Brooklyn. Great chance for the Bucks to steal one on the road.

• Options

What did Shaq just say???> @erikthredd said:

No Kyrie or Harden for Game 5 back in Brooklyn. Great chance for the Bucks to steal one on the road.

Prima Donnas - you think Jordan would have sat out a playoff game?? What ever happened to that "SHOT" ??

• Options

So after Jokic gets called for the hard foul when he hit Cameron Payne, Devin Booker runs over to defend his teammate and gets in the Joker's face then players from both teams crowd in too...then you had Nikola Jokic's brothers ready to jump in from the top rope lol.

• Options

Looks like Harden might be a game time decision on if he plays or not tonight. If he does Milwaukee's offense needs to go right at him when he's on defense.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Looks like Harden might be a game time decision on if he plays or not tonight. If he does Milwaukee's offense needs to go right at him when he's on defense.

Sad - they didn't

• Options

The Bucks let this one get away. Now back home for game 6.

• Options
    edited June 16, 2021 12:23PM

This is horrible news for Chris Paul and the Suns, he finally takes a team into the Conference Finals and there’s a chance he might miss time. Seeing the Jazz-Clippers series go 7 games might give him a bit more time but LA might have just lost Kawhi to a possible ACL injury so who knows how that will go.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31644110/phoenix-suns-chris-paul-indefinitely-placed-nba-health-safety-protocols

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭

Chris Paul always seems to miss time when it matters the most. Not sure about the LeJames dig in the first post, how many championships has Chris Paul won again? Last year, James won a championship with just one other star player that was a starter. Not that different than what Paul has right now on the Suns team (Booker) or what Paul had in Houston (Harden) or for the Clippers (Griffin). So far in his career, Paul is a great player but not an individual difference maker for a championship team. Hopefully that changes this year, but I am not sure the Suns can beat whoever comes out of the East even if they manage to get to the Finals.

Robb

• Options

When James was in Cleveland he was always whining he needs "more help" around him hence the dig. But James was the reason nobody good wanted to come to Cleveland and play under him. Even Kyrie got sick of him and requested the trade.

• Options
    edited June 16, 2021 3:50PM

First,You call out his injury history like that is something he can control when its not. I don’t exactly know what Chris Paul could have done differently in this situation when the guy had previously been vaccinated.

Second,the analogy that Lebron winning a championship with just one other star player is kind of like how Chris Paul has it now,except it’s really not. Most people consider Anthony Davis a top 5 overall player when healthy,maybe even top 3. Last season Davis finished 6th in MVP voting and 2nd in DPOY voting. Devin Booker on the other hand,while being a really good scorer on many bad teams, wasn't in the running for MVP or DPOY.
    Also I don't see anyone on this current Suns roster that brought the same type of Finals experience that Rondo,Dwight Howard,Javale Mcgee & Danny Green brought the Lakers a year ago,heck even JR Smith had more Finals experience than this entire Suns roster combined.

Lastly,am I the only one here that sees the irony in that comment above taking a shot at Chris Paul while trying to defend Lebron's maidenhood for some reason? Didn't his highness and that other superstar just get knocked out of the first round by a Suns team led by an injured Chris Paul? LA did a great job defending that championship. :D

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Lastly,am I the only one here that sees the irony in that comment above taking a shot at Chris Paul while trying to defend Lebron's maidenhood for some reason? Didn't his highness and that other superstar just get knocked out of the first round by a Suns team led by an injured Chris Paul? LA did a great job defending that championship. :D

Knocked out because Davis was "INJURED" - how ironic. The so called King couldn't shoulder the rest of the team and get anything done.......... maybe they were sick of playing under him too?

• Options

@Steven59 said:

@erikthredd said:

Knocked out because Davis was "INJURED" - how ironic. The so called King couldn't shoulder the rest of the team and get anything done.......... maybe they were sick of playing under him too?

Don’t forget how serious Lebron’s eye injury was that had him lying around on the floor looking like he’d just been shot. It looked to be pretty serious. ;)

• Options

Kyrie is a headcase as his stint in Boston showed and now with the Nets. Lebron is a generational talent. When he had nothing around him he willed the 06/07 Cavs to the Finals and when he had "help" he made the Finals for 8 straight years and 9 out of 10. Seems like he might have known what he was talking about. The year after he left the Cavs, they finished 19-63.

There certainly seem to have been plenty of players that wanted to come and play under him once he left the Cavs in 2010. So the nobody good wanted to come to Cleveland and play under him narrative doesn't really stand up to scrutiny.

Robb

• Options

dude walked out on his team w 5 mins to play in a playoff game because he was getting whooped. bad.

and treatment my arse.

straight baby.

• Options

Well you obviously are a LeBrone lover and you can't change people's minds. I personally saw him and his arrogance as I live a few mile west of Cleveland and went to quite a few games. When he was at SVSM high school the NBA scouts were already building his ego - how does a high school kid manage to buy a Brand New Hummer Vehicle with all the bells and whistles?
    And the way he would scream at his fellow players on the bench during the game when things weren't going his way! He used the "N" word towards his fellow player blatantly - and there was no "A" at the end of that word ....... He was a mean and nasty person that thought he was above the entire team. His "Entourage" with Carter Page in tow was a perfect example. The Cavs bent over backwards to put up with his crap. But I'm sure you wouldn't know that.

• Options

Too funny. Every great athlete has similar stories about being a jerk but not all of them have done the same amount of philanthropy as Lebron. But you know, hate on the guy because of what he did at age 17 or 18, seems reasonable.

I knew quite a few college basketball players back in the day, every single one of them got free stuff from local businesses. I remember going into a Footlocker with a friend of mine that was a top D1 recruit, he walked out with 10 pairs of new sneakers on the house. So doesn't surprise me in the slightest that a player that went straight from HS to the pros would have gotten quite a few side benefits.

Robb

• Options

Paul - 41 tonight!