Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Would Appreciate Your Insights - Submission Results Expectations

Hi, I wanted to get everyone’s thoughts on realistic expectations for my first submission. What would you expect each of these cards to grade? I will respond with detailed pics of the individual cards and some commentary. All thoughts appreciated.

Comments

• Options

‘63 Robinson - the only concern I see is that the top border is slightly larger than the sides.

• Options
    McvillagehtxMcvillagehtx Posts: 103 ✭✭✭

The bottom right corner is pretty rough it looks like?

• Options

‘72 Mays - slight printing / card issue / wax on the back above “Willie”

• Options

‘72 Clemente - slight cut (?) issue on the lower right edge - raising the surface when viewed with a loupe

• Options

‘62 Banks - speck of cardboard on Erni’s ear. Very softening of lower right corner and bottom edge. Forgot a picture of the back, but it is perfect.

• Options

And small printing errors on the top right of Ernie (not Erni)

• Options

‘56 Banks - Centering off, small printing error on Ernie’s forehead.

• Options
    judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

I'm not expert, but here are my guesses:

1963 B. Robby 6.5 (bottom right corner on front, top right corner on back)
    1972 Clemente 6.5
    1972 Mays 6.5 (stain on back, also bottom left corner on back)
    1962 Banks 6.5 (bottom right corner)
    1956 Banks 4.5 (top right corner, also off center)

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

• Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭

With all due respect in your comments on the cards, you mention only specks or centering but do not give any acknowledgement to the many touched and rounded corners. Those are your biggest dings right there on grade. I would not submit these cards at the current price for grading.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

1956 Banks upper right corner is going to kill you, lower corners are dinged too, off center.
    1962 Banks has a bad lower right corner, left bottom looks touched, a few "fish eyes and whatever that is on his right ear.
    1972 Clemente looks pretty good, top left corner touch?
    1972 Mays top corners look soft.
    1963 Robinson is beautiful, but has a dinged lower right corner.

P.S. Either buy a scanner or use a better background at least.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

If bulk submissions ever come back then I would submit these. If you have to pay more than $10 to grade then I would just keep raw. Buy those one touch holders with the arrow head corners. They will display well as RAW.