Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Philly Show

Anyone hit the Philly Show today or plan on going this weekend?

Comments

• Options
    rt1963rt1963 Posts: 32 ✭✭

My family and I went to the show this afternoon. A few less dealers than normal, and pretty crowded when we left around 5:00 pm.

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

I'm going Sunday; any reports from FRI

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2021 2:00PM

I was there yesterday afternoon, arriving around 2:40 PM. it was the busiest Friday afternoon I've seen there since I started going to the show in 2014. They sold out of early bird tickets (250). There were a number of new dealers there, lots more graded basketball (if that's what you collect) and some graded soccer. I had never noticed graded soccer cards there before (or soccer at all other than an occasional Pele). There was a lot of energy in the room and it seemed like people were excited to interact and just be out in a crowd. There were a number of folks waling around with graded card briefcases looking to trade (maybe 20-25 that I saw).

Overall, I had a blast, but didn't buy much. Some tables were so full, I gave up on waiting for a slot to see what the crowd was about and just moved on.