Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay buyer - one of the reasons I don’t like eBay..

Sold one of my old card scanners, nothing expensive, $17+ $13 shipping. Buyer messages me complaining that it is still in WI a day after it has shipped. USPS states it is still in transit. It will get there I assume, just late. Here is the message I get today (was originally supposed to deliver yesterday). Listed as no returns.

How do you even reply to this? I assume wait until it delivers and state he can send it back?

1st message:
“Been in Wisconsin for two days I dIn't realize it takes two days to get out of Wisconsin did you use snail mail”

I replied stating I used usps priority.

2nd message:
“Hey I needed that scanner yesterday I'll never buy nothing from you it says it's still in Wisconsin I'm mad 😡😡😡😡 I want my money back for sure I had to go buy one today from Walmart what did you do keep most of the shipping money and spend on somthing else I ended up paying for three scanners what a crock of shit I hope karma will get you I prey tonight that is doesalioos amigo”

Comments

• Options
    Chargers49ersLakersChargers49ersLakers Posts: 138 ✭✭✭✭

Thats just another nut job or a-hole, or both. Just another keyboard jerk. They get off on this, it cause's attention to themselves, and it gets a good person like yourself upset, takes up your time, and causes drama. Its their fix. If they leave neutral or neg feedback, call ebay, they remove it. Add buyer to your block list. Move on. Done!

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

eBay user ID is daprentk_0 for anyone who wants to block. I sure am.

I don’t plan to reply to this because I agree they want me to so they can spew more. I think I let it deliver. I am sure they will pull a SNAD and try to get a return. I am sure at this point they want me to refund now and they will keep it when it delivers…. Seriously.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Blocked.

• Options
    msubearfanmsubearfan Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

Yeah, I think no reply is the play here. Sounds like this guy just wants to fight.

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

Speaks for itself

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

Blocked thank you.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ignore the moron. Make him jump through hoops to get his refund.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Well, it is delivering today. He sent me 3 more messages and stated that he is sending it back since it was 2 days late. Apparently he had a hot scanning job to do on Thursday. :D

Listing is no returns and sounds like this guy may just send it back and pay to send it back……? Without me authorizing any return. Haven’t had this happen. Guess I can see if it shows up…?

I could tell him it is no returns…. My card listings typically have a return policy and buyer pays return shipping, maybe that is the best move going forward..

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:

I could tell him it is no returns…. My card listings typically have a return policy and buyer pays return shipping, maybe that is the best move going forward..

Don't bother telling him anything.... If he pays to ship it back consider that a win. If ebay were to rule against you, you'd see a charge both ways. Force him to open a case if he wants to grind you.

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

I know you sent it Priority. Anything over 1 pound is automatic Priority. I have had the same issue. People getting Father's day gifts, and buy the item the Thursday before. I am like.."Guys.....give the post office some time to deliver you your item!! Geez!".

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

He's probably currently wandering through Target with his scale wondering, "where did the move the sports cards to?"

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:
    Well, it is delivering today. He sent me 3 more messages and stated that he is sending it back since it was 2 days late. Apparently he had a hot scanning job to do on Thursday. :D

Listing is no returns and sounds like this guy may just send it back and pay to send it back……? Without me authorizing any return. Haven’t had this happen. Guess I can see if it shows up…?

Perhaps he wanted it shipped Express???

• Options
    edited June 12, 2021 6:48PM

@daltex said:

@NGS428 said:

Perhaps he wanted it shipped Express???

Ha, I think he wanted me to hand deliver it.

I guess the question is if I get it back and he pays return shipping do I refund the original shipping and does eBay credit me the final value fee? Looks like I only get fee refunded if I give him a full refund (including shipping) or cancel the sale.

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭

Lose the $3 final value fee, don't refund the $13 shipping. Basic math ;)

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

I will show in my next post exactly how you deal with communication with whackos. It works just about every time.

• Options

• Options

I'll say another reason I don't like them..... people sell TOO many REPRINTS to people that don't know any better. I believe eBay should put a stop to any reprint card!

• Options

@Mickey71 said:

This is the strategy I am using. They have finally went silent. No fuel on the fire.

• Options

@NGS428 said:

@Mickey71 said:

This is the strategy I am using. They have finally went silent. No fuel on the fire.

Good job. Works nearly every time. Whackos want attention. Silence is golden my friend.