Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My first win from REA

Very happy with this card and my buyer's experience with REA. A bit less so with the 20% buyer's premium and $100+ in tax I had to pay, after year's of eBay buys that had neither, but I guess I have to get used to it since the cards I need are found less and less frequently on the 'bay and more and more often at the auction houses. (And eBay is charging tax now, anyway.)

Comments

• Options
    x2drich2000x2drich2000 Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

Congrats on the pickup! REA is a great AH. Would you have been just as bothered paying $1200 with no buyers premium as you would be paying $1000 + 20% buyers premium? If you answered no, then why does the buyer's premium bother you? If yes, why did you bid more than you would want to pay? Also you can't blame or be dissatisfied with any AH for doing what they are legally required to do by collecting the sales tax. Not trying to criticize you in particular, but this a common trend I see with a lot of people and non-ebay auction houses.

• Options
    JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

REA is great- as far as BP, I figure that into the final price and bid I'm willing to get to. I much prefer buying from them and Heritage as opposed to ebay most of the time. There are a handful of ebay sellers I have had very good luck with and continue to buy from.

Great card and congrats!

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!

• Options
    scotgrebscotgreb Posts: 808 ✭✭✭

Hey Andy . . . I'm not sure it's appropriate to show your Dickey on a public forum :)

• Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭

Post-of-the-Week, Scott! Made me laugh...

• Options
    judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Beautiful card.

I currently have a small consignment with REA. To me, they are very reliable. It's my third or fourth consignment.

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.