OT: you can only purchase one ticket

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hendrix.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

I once saw Bowie in concert. Terrible performance, he phoned it in.

I wouldn't pay a nickel to see any of those listed, except for Hendrix...that one I'd pay big money.

• Options

@stevek said:

I wouldn't pay a nickel to see any of those listed, except for Hendrix...that one I'd pay big money.

you wouldn't pay a quarter to see tupac open up for marley with a cameo from biggie.....................and get a dime back ?

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would honestly skip them all. If I'm taking my wife, then probably Michael or Whitney.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen them all except Hendrix and Marley so I'll go Bob. Otherwise it would have been Prince .

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hendrix, Marley then Bowie

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Hendrix, Marley then Bowie

Good picks

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2021 4:35PM

My wife and our friend hit Prince's last show in Atlanta...and then Soundgarden/Cornells last show....I forbid them from seeing any musicians I like together, curse of death.

• Options
    edited June 9, 2021 4:41PM

That said...Prince could craft a concert and write music and lyrics for every single one of them to collaborate with in a single show. Epic genius

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@stevek said:

you wouldn't pay a quarter to see tupac open up for marley with a cameo from biggie.....................and get a dime back ?

Hendrix was so good, the rest of these pale in comparison.

That being said, Prince may have one of the most loyal fan bases I've ever seen, at least in the Philly area. I would have went to one of his shows if somebody gave me free tickets or if a date insisted that i take her to see Prince. But his music never did anything for me, although Little Red Corvette isn't too bad.

• Options

While Hendrix is a boss from his time, Prince by far was light years ahead of him. If you don't know how much music he wrote and for a zillion different bands/musicians that you are more than likely available to sing along with then I suggest do some research.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hendrix.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2021 6:16PM

Hendrix is the most over rated guitar player EVER! J.J.Cale could eat little Jimmy's lunch. And a thousand others. ALL HYPE!!!

• Options
    edited June 9, 2021 6:15PM

Easy Come Easy Go. Guitar.... JJ..... The piano........ Leon. Everyone knows that. I guess you had to be there. Everyone else was a piker .......and they knew it.

• Options

she won't get a lot of love in this thread, but i'd be remiss if i didn't post this

best. rendition. ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_lCmBvYMRs

• Options
    edited June 9, 2021 6:59PM

@Hydrant said:
    Hendrix is the most over rated guitar player EVER! J.J.Cale could eat little Jimmy's lunch. And a thousand others. ALL HYPE!!!

LOLS are easy.....just push the button....Question; has anyone around here ever heard of James Burton? I didn't think so......

The music kids went ga-ga for (Jimi?) was NOT being played by the Super Stars that the kids were ga-ga for.

• Options

Glen Campbell. No better picker. But.........you think you are listening to ?????. That's the business.

• Options

Overall, the music ticket I'd most like to have is Beethoven conducting his ninth symphony.

In my opinion, Beethoven's Ninth is the greatest piece of music ever written.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2021 9:45PM

have seen 6* on the list. throw out whitney. that leaves bob and jimi who were just a lil before my time. just throw those two names in a hat and let fate decide. be more than thrilled regardless whos name was pulled.

• mercury & queen seen at a very early age w mom & dad. obviously did not appreciate it at the time or actually realize really what i did witness, but came to appreciate and respect it later on down the road. joan jett too.
    • and not dogging whitney by tossing her out. remarkable talent gone way too soon. but personally, shes not in my time-traveling “must see” list. however, if she were playing w/i a 100 miles, id go see her in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hendrix

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

Can I choose Elvis in the 1968 Comeback Special as a sentimental choice ? Of the ones you posted, I would pick Michael Jackson at his best.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@Hydrant said:

LOLS are easy.....just push the button....Question; has anyone around here ever heard of James Burton? I didn't think so......

The music kids went ga-ga for (Jimi?) was NOT being played by the Super Stars that the kids were ga-ga for.

James Burton was awesome. 1969 Johnny B Goode live with the King. Very cool

• Options
    paulb71paulb71 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭✭

Led Zeppelin, either their 73 concert in New York or their 75 concert at Earls Court .

• Options

to answer my own question, i choose Bob M, but his son has to accompany him and sing this song -- my favorite by any Marley

(btw the backup singers and the boy playing the conga (The Melody Makers) are also Bob's kids. always nice to possess good genes. uncanny how much Ziggy looks and sounds like his dad in this vid.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM8M-HHSbp0

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d stay home and pet my dog instead.

• Options

@Goldenage said:

I’d stay home and pet my dog instead.

i love it when you call me big poppa

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

The choices seem pretty eclectic, I would go with Michael Jackson
    but he has to sing Smooth Criminal.
    I just want to see if I can figure out if Annie is okay or not.
    That question has been on my mind for as long as that song has been out.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

David Bowie would be worth seeing just for ' young Americans'.
    Maybe its just me but I always thought his vocalizations on that song are genuis.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

I just want to see if I can figure out if Annie is okay or not.

>

annie is ok. lil billy is prolly not though…

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hendrix playing Red House.

Janis Joplin with Big Brother and the Holding Company would be another one.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Mine would be Freddie Mercury - supposedly one of the best front men ever.