Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Lets Play...What's Wrong With This Card

Hello card experts. I have returned after a very long break from the hobby. I thought I would throw this at you folks. So as the title asks.. What's wrong with this card?

Comments

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

Warner is #4

• Options
    OldMansBaseMentOldMansBaseMent Posts: 6
    edited June 7, 2021 11:09PM

Doing ding ding!!! We have a winner. Yes that is Troy Williams Qb for the Utah Utes from 2016-2017. But wait, who is that behind him?

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

a general consensus will be:

leaf
    lack of logos
    rc logo in college unis
    sticker auto
    the penmanship
    warner on d
    and so forth

again, just the general consensus. not mine personally. i have an abundant amount of pajama cards!

and welcome back to the hobby.

• Options

I just find it amazing that a card company these days would make such of a huge error. I mean Troy Warner is in the pic but I really dont think he's the main focus of this photo. What, they couldn't google a decent photo of him. Yeah. No logos suck (when did that start?), some of these guys sign with their initials (don't know why anyone would buy that) and they put rc on everything now.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

no, i get it. i wasnt picking on that particular card. you just said you were getting back into the hobby and i was just listing all the things you’d be sure to hear these days. things have changed quite significantly.

personally, i grew up collecting error cards and appreciate lil convo pieces like these.

another way the game has changed these days is that they typically dont even correct errors anymore these days. its all mass printed in one run and done. ie 2020 prizm basketball rodney hood w no border. its even run across the different product lines of prizm. reg prizm, choice prizm and so forth.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always wondered if sometimes card companies create error cards on purpose?

Why not? Their primary purpose is business, to make money printing the cards. So if having some error cards in there stimulates interest and causes more sales of the cards, and makes them more money, then "error" cards it is. LOL

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

Why not? Their primary purpose is business, to make money printing the cards. So if having some error cards in there stimulates interest and causes more sales of the cards, and makes them more money, then "error" cards it is. LOL

The Billy Ripken card is a good example of this.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

@OldMansBaseMent But wait, who is that behind him?

Brett Favre?? ;):p

• Options
    GOBUCKSGOBUCKS Posts: 47 ✭✭

Its Leaf....

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

Isn't it Topps Heritage that puts special serial numbers on cards it designates as "Errors"? That would seem to answer the question.