Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Unopened wax box value question

GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

ttps://ebay.com/itm/363420423332?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649

So to me it's just a big black line going across the box. To others it may lessen the eye appeal of the box.

Does anyone know how much less this one would sell for over others that are selling around $10,000 or more ?

Is there any data collected by some on some of the football boxes that have this ?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Linky doesn't work for me

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are defined as X out boxes. Topps drew a greasy black line or X on the lid to designate final sale and so the boxes could not be returned for retail credit. Many of them are actually the equivalent of FASC in that cases were cracked open just to mark the individual boxes but they may also be a compilation of loose packs from different boxes to comprise a full box for returns to Topps by retailers for credit. The X out does impact value but imo it should not be too significant a factor.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Original listing was missing the initial “h”. Here’s the fixed link, I think:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363420423332

Jim

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

What, do you suppose, does "Earliest known ticket" mean in this context?

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:

Looks like he copied one of his other listings for a ticket stub

Lou Gehrig 1925 Yankees Full Ticket Game #4 of Consecutive Games Record PSA

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:

Typical shoddy Probstein listing!