Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Al Kaline Auto

Going through some of my cards that I have had stored away for a while. Came across the Kaline. Not very versed in autos. Real or not? Sorry for the quality photos.

to

Comments

• Options
    PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 301 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 4, 2021 11:34PM

He had a pretty consistent autograph and it does not look like that. Maybe he was in a hurry on this one but I have my doubts.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

most likely a rushed IP signature

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Genuine

• Options
    Bearkat21Bearkat21 Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

Tough to say, but I have about 6 Kaline autos, and they are all pretty much the same and none look like this. Plus in the Kaline shopping I've done, I've never seen one like this before.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to add to the chorus, that looks nothing like the three IP autos I got from Al.

• Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

Al Kaline is very consistent and I can’t see that being genuine.

• Options
    shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like its heading back to the closet.😏

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6, 2021 6:46AM

@Ironmanfan said:
    most likely a rushed IP signature

IMF

I tend to agree with that. I mean who would waste a perfectly good Topps Giant card on such a feeble forgery attempt?

Despite the poor penmanship on the OP's card, it can be seen how the autograph could be genuine as there are a number of key similarities to a genuine sig.

• Options
    CooptownCooptown Posts: 397 ✭✭✭

I think it’s a combination of rushed and what many ip collectors call the “angry al”. Probably done coming into or out of the ballpark or spring training. It definitely is an ip one, not a ttm with a fee or a paid show.

• Options
    tod41tod41 Posts: 87 ✭✭✭

For what its worth to compare.