Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2021 Bowman Baseball Heads Up

If anyone is interested, Target online has plenty of 2021 Bowman Baseball Mega Boxes for $29.99. They’ve been dropping them every Friday the past 3 weeks online around 7:30 AM. Best part is they have a 6 box limit and you must create or have a Target account and verify. Feels great to buy a few boxes at normal pricing and stick it to the socks and sandals flippers and card shops screwing collectors over. On EBay I saw $50-$85 for just one mega box. Steel City isn’t any better. They actually have the audacity to put “On Sale” $59.96 down from $74.95.

"I'd walk through Hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball"
Charlie Hustle

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

thank you. hard not to grab these just to have something for the lil guy to rip. first retail purchase from an actual retailer since ‘18, i think.

• Options
    edited June 4, 2021 6:25AM

@Bull_Bear said:

Feels great to buy a few boxes at normal pricing and stick it to the socks and sandals flippers and card shops screwing collectors over.
    >
    and you mean these guys?

https://kotaku.com/chaos-at-a-walmart-as-people-rush-to-buy-pokemon-cards-1846948029

(scroll down for the tweet video w sound)

there is so much stuff to laugh at if you really watch it a couple of times. from the two synchronized cart pushers in the 1 & 2 spot that know not to run & speed walk, the brief glimpse of a guy w crutches, the blue flops w socks, the shelf swipes, the blocks, the mad grabs to throw anything in the cart, the guys that were waiting for god knows how long only to get absolutely nothing and prolly a whole host of other things i havent picked up on.

• Options
    Bull_BearBull_Bear Posts: 86 ✭✭
    edited June 4, 2021 6:31AM

@blurryface said:
    thank you. hard not to grab these just to have something for the lil guy to rip. first retail purchase from an actual retailer since ‘18, i think.

You’re more than welcome Blurry. I’m glad to hear that. Ironically, I did the same for my daughter who absolutely loves baseball and baseball card collecting. Her birthday’s coming up in July and she gave me a list of boxes she be interested in for gifts. Funny part is she loves my mid 1980’s cards from when I was a kid more than modern cards. ‘87 Topps was first on her list lol.

Only other retailer that I’ve purchased from recently was Kroger of all places via their app. They have 2021 Topps and Heritage for fair prices and free shipping.

LMAO. Yes, those would be the guys in the video you posted. They should be embarrassed. If they have kids, I really hope they weren’t there to see how idiotic they acted.

BTW, really enjoy reading your posts on the forum. Been a lurker for a while and just recently started posting last winter.

Damn you autocorrect. Damn you!

Charlie Hustle

• Options

@blurryface said:

there is so much stuff to laugh at if you really watch it a couple of times. from the two synchronized cart pushers in the 1 & 2 spot that know not to run & speed walk, the brief glimpse of a guy w crutches, the blue flops w socks, the shelf swipes, the blocks, the mad grabs to throw anything in the cart, the guys that were waiting for god knows how long only to get absolutely nothing and prolly a whole host of other things i havent picked up on.

I watched the video serval times too and find something new to laugh at each time. Wonder if the synchronized cart pushers were part of the same team. Running the old screen play. “Okay, I’m gonna screen left and you role right with your cart. Then we both pivot and the perfect box out so we get all the cards! And remember Ned, don’t lift your pivot foot or one of these guys might get through!”

Charlie Hustle

• Options

@Bull_Bear said:

@blurryface said:

You’re more than welcome Blurry. I’m glad to hear that. Ironically, I did the same for my daughter who absolutely loves baseball and baseball cards collecting. Her birthdays coming up in July and she gave me a list of boxes she be interested in for gifts. Funny part is she loves my mid 1980’s cards from when I was a kid more than modern cards. ‘87 Topps was first on her list lol.

Only other retailer that I’ve purchased from recently was Kroger of all places via their app. They have 2021 Topps ans Heritage for fair priced and free shipping.

LMAO. Yes, those would be the guys in the video you posted. They should be embarrassed. If they have kids, I really hope they weren’t there to see how idiotic they acted.

BTW, really enjoy reading your posts on the forum. Been a lurker for a while and just recently started posting last winter.

we both know the probability of those guys having any kids is slim to none! 😉

and youre a lucky man. ive tried to get the lil one into 80s wax. zero appeal. but cant knock it. i was the same back then myself. i’d rather rip packs & collect guys i could watch play too. he’ll get there one day though!

and july 12th by chance? thats my lil guys bday.

• Options

@blurryface said:

we both know the probability of those guys having any kids is slim to none! 😉

and youre a lucky man. ive tried to get the lil one into 80s wax. zero appeal. but cant knock it. i was the same back then myself. i’d rather rip packs & collect guys i could watch play too. he’ll get there one day though!

and july 12th by chance? thats my lil guys bday.

Unfortunately the way society is today, I’m willing to wager they all have multiple kids. I’m thinking starting a petition to get “common sense” changed to “rare sense” because, well it’s just not common in today’s society.

I was shocked when my daughter said she likes 80’s wax better. She loves modern too but 80’s wax is her jam lol. Our kids are pretty damn lucky w the possible future stars they have today to watch and collect. Trout, Acuna, Vlad, Tatis, Soto, Ohtani, etc. They're going to have some great memories when they become as old as us.

Her bday is July 2nd. No joke lol. She was suppose to be a 4th of July baby. We were lucky because her mother’s parent’s neighbor was her doctor and in charge of the newborn department at the hospital she was born at so he moved it up 2 days for us so we could get out and enjoy the 4th of July with her.

Charlie Hustle

• Options
    Sgt_DSgt_D Posts: 85 ✭✭

Two box rip from this.. thanks for the heads up BB when you posted.

Box 1

• Options
    Historicalwood71Historicalwood71 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2021 12:07PM

No kidding guys...if I would have had a phone you could have seen what I seen. A guy came in Walmart, cut through the line towards sportscards... proceeded to wipe all the shelf with arm in buggy and got decked!!! Lol, I knew I've seen everything in life now. The pandemic I believe ,has turned the brain to mush for some people lol.

• Options
    Sgt_DSgt_D Posts: 85 ✭✭

Not sure where the "mega" designation comes from for these boxes. Mega Box ? Mega my Buttbox ! hee hee haha...

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am happy to see the quality control of Bowman looks top notch. Topps should be ashamed of their 2021 Heritage product, the centering is awful.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

@Cakes said:
    I am happy to see the quality control of Bowman looks top notch. Topps should be ashamed of their 2021 Heritage product, the centering is awful.

2021 Topps Series 1 got roasted by quite a few people for their centering as well.

Charlie Hustle

• Options

@Historicalwood71 said:
    No kidding guys...if I would have had a phone you could have seen what I seen. A guy came in Walmart, cut through the line towards sportscards... proceeded to wipe all the shelf with arm in buggy and got decked!!! Lol, I knew I've seen everything in life now. The pandemic I believe ,has turned the brain to mush for some people lol.

LOL! First time in my life I actually wish someone was just standing there with their cellphone out recording it. It’s like just when you think you’ve seen or heard it all, the morons of the world reply with “hold my beer” and one up the previous moron. Makes me think Darwin was on to something.

Charlie Hustle

• Options

@Sgt_D said:

Sgt, you’re very welcome my friend. Glad you were able to snag a few boxes and enjoy them. I’ll post some photos off the 3 boxes I opened. Noticed you scored 2 autos. I didn’t get a single one lol. Oh well. Had to laugh about the “mega” comment you made. Reminded me of the wonder bra craze (not sure how old you are). The mega box and wonder bra are very similar. Open it and you’re left wondering “where the Hell did it go?!”

Charlie Hustle

• Options

@Sgt_D said:

Here’s the better of the players from 3 mega boxes. Guess we’ll find out in 3-4+ years if any of these cards are actually worth anything 🤪

Charlie Hustle