Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1987 Topps Jerry Rice PSA 10 Went From $100 to $2,200 and now it's back to $600 all in 4 months.

I'm beginning to think that not many of the sales above $1,000 ever really happened. That's why ebay needs to disclose the items that were actually paid for. The bid retraction thing means nothing. If the bid is fake, I'm sure the seller will forgive you.

Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at Jordan PSA 7’s and PSA 8 stickers.
    I have a pair and the high was around $25k for both in March. Now the pair is worth the correct price, around $8k.
    I remember a PWCC PSA 8 sticker sold price $25k. I called BS immediately

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • 82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2021 1:58PM

Did not realize a second year Rice was going for that type of coin. While I'm a collector who has sold under 50 cards in my life time I glad woudl have sold mine - oh well....

It's the singer not the song - Peter Townshend (1972)

• olb31olb31 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Look at Jordan PSA 7’s and PSA 8 stickers.
    I have a pair and the high was around $25k for both in March. Now the pair is worth the correct price, around $8k.
    I remember a PWCC PSA 8 sticker sold price $25k. I called BS immediately

maybe someone can post that they actually bought some of these to dispel the rumor of the ebay fake news sales,

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭✭✭

1987 Topps FB is a fun set.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

A 600% increase in 4 months sounds pretty darn good to me.

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the high sales are valid a lot of the time. It comes down to a big money registry guy had to have that one in a 10. Once he exits the market then the demand wanes.

I remember years ago I had sitting a 2000 Fleer Janikowski / Lechler PSA 10 RC sitting in my Team of the 90s set from a self sub. It was a pop 3 at the time, none had ever surfaced to sale. The guy had to have it. He messaged me and asked if I would sell. I said I would. Then I had to drive out of town for work. 3 hours later I check my email with 3 different offers, each one higher than the other. In the end he offered me $500 a 1981 Topps Kellen Wilnslow PSA 10 RC, and a 1965 Philadelphia Paul Warfield PSA 8. I viewed this as overkill and of course I jumped at it. He had to have it to finish his registry in all 10, that is all that mattered to him. This happens a lot. I overpaid for a 1962 Topps PSA 7 Tarkenton RC to finish my All Time QB registry. When it comes to collecting, If you have the means you get what you want and you do not worry about the market.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 86 Rice has been on a similar ride but I hadn't thought about them not being legit since it sells in such large quantities.

I own a couple of 8's and have been looking at 8's & 9's the last 6 months in the hopes to purchase a 9.

I think the 58 Jim Brown rookie has come back down too. 3 or 4 months ago most went for around 14K in PSA 7. Now they are going for under 10K. Damnit I missed out on selling mine and getting my Hellcat down payment! >:)

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.