Home Q & A Forum
Options

Error Wheat Penny?

Hello, a while back I ordered a bunch of wheat penny rolls from Etsy and found one that was very odd looking, I don't know if it's badly damaged or a mint error.

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Badly damaged. :/

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, PMD - no error coin.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

PMD.

• Options
    JimWJimW Posts: 543 ✭✭✭✭

For clarity to someone new to the forums PMD= post mint damage, which clearly describes this coin.

Successful BST Transactions: erwindoc, VTchaser, moursund, robkool, RelicKING, Herb_T, Meltdown

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

Corrosion damage. Welcome to the forum!

----- kj
  • Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like an add for a Dept. Store.
    Back in the 40 's.
    So I would agree with all of the above.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UltimateNigel368 welcome to CU. If you're gonna be coin roll searching, you're gonna see a plethora of post mint damage. Error-ref.com and Lincolncentresource.com are places to study up. Have fun and c u around. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Ok so i too have a ? Ive been coin roll hunting and ebay buying rolls for the last 5 or so years pretty hard core like at least a box a night of pennys from the bank all of my coins have been circulated execpt some of the rolls from ebay but now when i separate my pennys this is how i do it of the older coins pretty much keep all of those but of the older ones 1910 with the 10s 1920s with the 20s ect.. . But my good piles i call them. indian heads 1914's 17's 22's 23 S mint mark 36 40 41 42 43 44 55 59 60 62 69s these are the one's i like i think i got about 4 rolls of these from hunting and many to be in good condition 70's 71 72 79 80 82 83 now i scope all of my coins now 82 and back i keep all of course but im talking sandwhich bags full of 82 83 too weight maybe a couple gallon size bags full of them a coiple bags of 84 92 is the one ive been looking for no wonder that fucking one is rare ive been threw 150 or so boxs not counting all of my friends change jars and the extra rolls from the casheirs that i can get still no close am i still have about a box and 1/2 of 90's i got to go threw but now same with the 82 the 98 99 2000 oh and 95 i got probably a tote full of them i figured when i go searching for the wide am ill just scope the 95's now for the 2000 and up i really dont keep many of them unless a apparent error like (off center,wrong planchet,toner broad struck) but just recently i started to keep 2019 and 2020 now as in nice red looking coins i keep or toner even if its a lets say 96 nothing too fancy but in great condition coin roll hunting im no pro but some of them scoped has to get at least a 64 grade i also keep all of the darker coins like the dark one someones got to want a colorful book i keep all of the S mint mark's in a differnt pile but after all of yhese years hunting i got bags full of toner's like bank bags full then i started to fun out of coin flips ive been threw boxs of these so now im down to rolling them up and putting them in my old penny bank boxs i think its about time to sell i tried ebay i too i have the red book as well but its hard to put a price on it when its ungraded but their probably uniqe enough to be graded whatever the grade is the tone or rareness of the coin would sale it's self and by the totes of coins i have seperated just think how many good ones I have accumulated over the years so where does one share these coins to people that would actually apprecitate the coin for what it is or where to sale it to the right crowd

• Options

Yo Dude, Shut the front door.
    A-me-go

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Glenshaffer1289 :

I would normally suggest that you start your own thread rather than hijack someone else's but your post was so rambling and incoherent I hope you don't post it again. Did you preview your post beforehand or look at it after you posted it? :/

Learn how to use punctuation. I counted one question mark and two periods, but one may have been an accident. And paragraphs would be nice.

Also, leave the profanity out of your posts.

It's not really clear what you are trying to do. It seems you want to sell your coin roll hunting finds. If you are basing estimated value or desirability of modern cents based on perceived condition then I have no doubt most of it is just spending money.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the penny that my Grandpa poured coke on and let sit over night. Note, this was in the early 60's and coca cola was a bit different then. I did like it better back in the day too.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

If raised in what you are looking at it had to be clearly manufactured and a present for you.
    Now what, should be your question ?