Home Q & A Forum

I need help with identifying a medal/token

gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a large bronze? token with Freidrich 1 on the obverse and with an Angel on the back. it is commemorating a bicentennial of some sort as the front has the dates 1701-1901. It is struck in high relief with a wire type rim and is almost 1/4 of an inch thick. Any ideas on what it is and the value would be appreciated. Thanks

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

Best Answer

Answers

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

:o
    How about a picture?

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

200th anniversary of the King of the former King of Prussia's birth.

Can't see the full inscription but from the dates that seems to be it.

Maybe the medal collectors can weigh in on potential value. I am not sure there are set values for something like this

@JBK > @JBK said:

200th anniversary of the King of the former King of Prussia's birth.

Can't see the full inscription but from the dates that seems to be it.

Maybe the medal collectors can weigh in on potential value. I am not sure there are set values for something like this

Meaning its extremely valuable or meaning its nothing special?

edited June 2, 2021 7:15AM

Medal collecting has a much smaller audience than coins. Values reflect that, but comparable sales are tougher to find to get an idea of value.

Also, are there any edge markings? On my screen it looks more silver than bronze.

You might also try posting pictures on the World Coins forum as it gets more traffic than the Q&A Forum.

@JBK no edge markings. No reeding just plain flat edge. I will try posting in World forum. Thanks

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

An edge marking could be just a very small symbol like an oak leaf. Is it magnetic? How bout some measurements. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

@Namvet69 i have no measurements but a pic next to a US quarter