Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2021 Topps Series 2 (UPDATED 6/2: PDF Checklist)

Bull_BearBull_Bear Posts: 86 ✭✭

June 9th isn't too far away and I was curious if any members have any knowledge of which rookies to expect in Series 2? I know Hayes is for sure and I believe Krilloff too. Topps is so tight lipped about it. I've been looking all over and still can't find one bit of info, yet. I believe Topps has a maximum amount of games a player must play in before they issue a RC? I'm hoping Franco is in Series 2 but I don't think it will happen given his still officially hasn't been called up yet this season but he did make his brief appearance end of last season. Part of me thinks Franco won't be until Update is released in October so they have at least one anchor card in the set. All 3 of the above mentioned do have #1 Prospect card inserts in 2020 Topps Update but obviously not an official Topps RC.

Personally, I'm waiting to see which rookies are in Series 2 before I make a decision on what I will purchase specifically. The relic cards do absolutely nothing for me and a good autograph feels like a unicorn. Personally, I do enjoy the SP and parallels along with the rookie card chase and my favorite players.

Thanks ahead of time for any input from any members.

"I'd walk through Hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball"
Charlie Hustle

Comments

• 76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be interest to know if Kelenic will be in it as well since he has been called up already.

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Bull_BearBull_Bear Posts: 86 ✭✭
    edited June 1, 2021 10:33AM

Kelenic has been called up since 5/13 I believe. It would be nice. I tried several times finding the requirements for Topps to issue a player’s RC. At first it was minimum 1 AB. Then I think it was several months on a MLB’s team roster. Recently read something about agreements with the Player‘s Association.

Two more for sure to go with Hayes and Krilloff are Cronworth and Chisholm. So there’s 4 for sure.

I was told by a person that Topps releases the set list 2 days prior to release which is June 9th.

The pricing discrepancies I’m seeing on hobby and jumbo boxes are comical.

Sorry about the edit. Autocorrect and I loathe each other.

Charlie Hustle

Located a Series 2 checklist today. Found it in PDF form for any who care.

Charlie Hustle

edited June 2, 2021 11:01AM

Rookies:

333 Tejay Antone Cincinnati Reds® Rookie
    335 Ryan Weathers San Diego Padres™ Rookie
    358 Sherten Apostel Texas Rangers® Rookie
    362 Garrett Crochet Chicago White Sox® Rookie
    371 Jake Cronenworth San Diego Padres™ Rookie
    374 Jose Garcia Cincinnati Reds® Rookie
    377 Drew Rasmussen Milwaukee Brewers™ Rookie
    381 Luis Campusano San Diego Padres™ Rookie
    384 Andre Scrubb Houston Astros® Rookie
    390 William Contreras Atlanta Braves™ Rookie
    391 Dean Kremer Baltimore Orioles® Rookie
    394 Zach McKinstry Los Angeles Dodgers® Rookie
    398 Ha-Seong Kim San Diego Padres™ Rookie
    404 Brailyn Marquez Chicago Cubs® Rookie
    406 Estevan Florial New York Yankees® Rookie
    408 Shane McClanahan Tampa Bay Rays™ Rookie
    413 Alex Kirilloff Minnesota Twins® Rookie
    417 Lewin Diaz Miami Marlins® Rookie
    421 Mark Mathias Milwaukee Brewers™ Rookie
    423 Tucker Davidson Atlanta Braves™ Rookie
    426 Matt Foster Chicago White Sox® Rookie
    433 Braxton Garrett Miami Marlins® Rookie
    441 Daz Cameron Detroit Tigers® Rookie
    444 Pavin Smith Arizona Diamondbacks® Rookie
    451 Jake Woodford St. Louis Cardinals® Rookie
    456 Clarke Schmidt New York Yankees® Rookie
    457 Mickey Moniak Philadelphia Phillies® Rookie
    468 Jonathan Arauz Boston Red Sox® Rookie
    480 Brent Rooker Minnesota Twins® Rookie
    481 Taylor Widener Arizona Diamondbacks® Rookie
    483 Zack Burdi Chicago White Sox® Rookie
    499 Andy Young Arizona Diamondbacks® Rookie
    507 Jahmai Jones Baltimore Orioles® Rookie
    508 Jojo Romero Philadelphia Phillies® Rookie
    510 Adonis Medina Philadelphia Phillies® Rookie
    516 Jose Marmolejos Seattle Mariners™ Rookie
    519 Yohan Ramirez Seattle Mariners™ Rookie
    526 Josh Fleming Tampa Bay Rays™ Rookie
    535 Johan Oviedo St. Louis Cardinals® Rookie
    538 Jazz Chisholm Miami Marlins® Rookie
    547 Luis Garcia Houston Astros® Rookie
    548 Luis Alexander Basabe San Francisco Giants® Rookie
    551 Alejandro Kirk Toronto Blue Jays® Rookie
    552 Ryan Jeffers Minnesota Twins® Rookie
    556 Tom Hatch Toronto Blue Jays® Rookie
    560 JT Brubaker Pittsburgh Pirates® Rookie
    562 Keegan Akin Baltimore Orioles® Rookie
    563 Trevor Rogers Miami Marlins® Rookie
    569 Enoli Paredes Houston Astros® Rookie
    570 Jordan Weems Oakland Athletics™ Rookie
    581 Julian Merryweather Toronto Blue Jays® Rookie
    612 Miguel Yajure Pittsburgh Pirates® Rookie
    622 Rafael Marchan Philadelphia Phillies® Rookie
    628 Jonah Heim Texas Rangers® Rookie
    635 Tanner Houck Boston Red Sox® Rookie
    644 Ke'Bryan Hayes Pittsburgh Pirates® Rookie
    654 Sam Huff Texas Rangers® Rookie
    656 Daulton Jefferies Oakland Athletics™ Rookie

Charlie Hustle

Bump if anyone is interested in Topps Series 2, I’ve had luck on blasters at Walmart and on their website. Friday between 9 and 10 AM for online. I just request a notification when in stock. In store there were plenty to choose from on Friday at local stores thanks to the 2 box per sport rule they’ve implemented. Makes it nice for us collectors. Buying boxes for $19.98 and sticking it to the flipper clowns might be as enjoyable as opening the packs. Almost 🤓

Personally I enjoy blaster boxes. 2 boxes and I was able to get 53 of the 60 RC’s and all the big names. Especially hit big on Hayes.

Charlie Hustle

• RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just opened my jumbo hobby case. Absolute garbage. Only auto I recognized/best auto was a Lincecum /199. I’ve never heard of the OTHER 5, and I follow baseball fairly close! Super frickin pissed. Guess. All the good cards are in blasters!

@Rofles said:
    I just opened my jumbo hobby case. Absolute garbage. Only auto I recognized/best auto was a Lincecum /199. I’ve never heard of the OTHER 5, and I follow baseball fairly close! Super frickin pissed. Guess. All the good cards are in blasters!

I’m sorry Rofles. That sucks. That seems to be the trend for myself and all my buddies who collect too. What Topps asks for a jumbo, the autos and hits should be way better. The manufacture relics are an insult. I learned the hard way that blasters seem to be the best value so I tend to buy them more often than the other options. Personally I enjoy the RC chase the most. The short prints and parallels would be a close second. Blasters seem to win hands down in those classes.

Just seems like pulling a good auto is almost impossible and the relic cards do nothing for me at all. Heck, even just the regular packs seem to produce better for me. Pulled a Madrigal RC SP from a pack and green ice Adel RC from another pack.

Do you mind if I ask what other autos you pulled from your jumbo? How was your luck on inserts, SP/SSP, and parallels? Anything good? How did you do on the rookie cards?

Charlie Hustle

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 16, 2021 9:27AM

Besides Hayes, which good top-tier RC's are in 2021 Topps Series 2? (I haven't reviewed the checklist yet)

edited June 16, 2021 9:49AM

@miwlvrn said:
    Besides Hayes, which good top-tier RC's are in 2021 Topps Series 2? (I haven't reviewed the checklist yet)

Top rookies (no particulate order):
    Trevor Rogers
    Jake Cronenworth
    Jazz Chisholm
    Alex Kirilloff
    Shereten Apostle
    Sam Huff
    Ha Seong Kim
    Jahmai Jones
    Adonis Medina
    Daulton Jefferies

Biggest names would be:
    Hayes
    Chisholm
    Rogers
    Cronenworth
    Kirilloff

If I missed anyone, please add.

Absolutely the ‘65 Topps inserts might be my all time favorite. Wish Topps would go back to vintage styles for present day

Charlie Hustle

• RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bull_Bear said:

@Rofles said:

I’m sorry Rofles. That sucks. That seems to be the trend for myself and all my buddies who collect too. What Topps asks for a jumbo, the autos and hits should be way better. The manufacture relics are an insult. I learned the hard way that blasters seem to be the best value so I tend to buy them more often than the other options. Personally I enjoy the RC chase the most. The short prints and parallels would be a close second. Blasters seem to win hands down in those classes.

Just seems like pulling a good auto is almost impossible and the relic cards do nothing for me at all. Heck, even just the regular packs seem to produce better for me. Pulled a Madrigal RC SP from a pack and green ice Adel RC from another pack.

Do you mind if I ask what other autos you pulled from your jumbo? How was your luck on inserts, SP/SSP, and parallels? Anything good? How did you do on the rookie cards?

Here are a couple autos:

Some SP’s

Silver packs were my best pulls though:

🤷‍♂️