Home Sports Talk
Options

Urban Meyer participates in AEW beatdown!

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 31, 2021 2:30AM in Sports Talk

AEW wrestling was in Jacksonville this weekend and the event was called "Double or Nothing." The event took place in an arena located next to the Jacksonville Jaguars facility. A match between Chris Jericho and MJF spilled over into Urban Meyer's office and Urban Meyer and his assistand head coach Charlie Strong were in the office. Urban Meyer and Charlie Strong assisted Chris Jericho in his beatdown of MJF by handing him a football and a laptop to bash MJF with. Check it out.

Comments

• Options

The ending is hilarious. You can't hear it too good, but Chris Jericho tells Urban and Charlie "good luck next season" and Urban Meyer says "holy s...!"

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well for sure, especially for a rookie NFL head coach, Meyer seems to have a lot of confidence in himself. First bringing in Tebow which some might call a sort of carnival act. Now this which is a carnival act. And who knows what else?

We shall see how it all works out. All he's gotta do is win enough football games.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Well for sure, especially for a rookie NFL head coach, Meyer seems to have a lot of confidence in himself. First bringing in Tebow which some might call a sort of carnival act. Now this which is a carnival act. And who knows what else?

We shall see how it all works out. All he's gotta do is win enough football games.

The Jaguars are making quite a splash in the NFL pool right now. They're putting on one heck of a show, and everyone is glued to it, glued to it! You got the genius college coach, the long haired lion king hippie superstar number 1 pick quarterback, and Tim Tebow with his popularity and history with Urban Meyer. They got us eating out of the palm of their hand. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to look for my next Jacksonville Jaguars fix.

• Options

Does anyone know where I can score a Jacksonville Jaguars story, I need it bad man.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Does anyone know where I can score a Jacksonville Jaguars story, I need it bad man.

Yes, take the first flight out of town to Jacksonville, rent a car, and then canvas the city neighborhoods door to door and ask the sports fans of Jacksonville to provide their personal experiences about the Jaguars.

• Options

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

Yes, take the first flight out of town to Jacksonville, rent a car, and then canvas the city neighborhoods door to door and ask the sports fans of Jacksonville to provide their personal experiences about the Jaguars.

I have to tell you Steve, the Jaguars have ahold of me and won't let go. They're rock stars, I'll follow them anywhere!

• Options
    edited May 31, 2021 11:41AM

If my Panthers let me down this year, they're going to lose me. I'll leave my cats and turn to another type of cat. Don't think I won't do it!

• Options

I love it when Urban Meyer hands him the laptop! 😂😂

• Options

Oh, oh! The latest Jaguars news has hit stands, and it's about Tim Tebow. There have been reports that past coaches have criticized Tim Tebow for not containing Tebowmania.

Bleacher Report
    Report: Tim Tebow's Previous Coaches Complained He Doesn't Try to Calm 'TebowMania'

Tim Tebow hasn't made many public comments since signing with the Jacksonville Jaguars, which is seemingly a change in strategy from his past opportunities in the NFL.

Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated argued some of the challenges for teams was when "TebowMania" turns into a "circus."

"If there’s one common complaint I’ve heard from his past coaches about it, it’s not that he’s actively fueling it," Breer wrote. "Moreso, it’s that he doesn’t do anything to calm it down."

• Options

I must admit, I'm become hooked on this Jacksonville Jaguars saga. I was hooked after Urban Meyer and Trevor Lawrence were teamed up, and the addition of Tebow to the story has me addicted and all it took was one hit from the Jaguars bong!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dx2WRQLSIew

• Options

You know, the weather has been a bit cooler here the past few nights, I might just have to put on my Jacksonville Jaguars snuggie and go outside and roast some marshmallows tonight.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I must admit, I'm become hooked on this Jacksonville Jaguars saga. I was hooked after Urban Meyer and Trevor Lawrence were teamed up, and the addition of Tebow to the story has me addicted and all it took was one hit from the Jaguars bong!

I have completely no interest in Tebow whatsoever. also Meyers.
    I am interested if Trevor Lawrence turns out to be the real deal and lives up to all the hype.
    But more than likely the Jags are going to be the same old Jags, lose about the same amount as they win.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon While I appreciate your enthusiasm, I am dismayed by your lack of allegiance. Would you really leave the Panthers to enter the Jaguars fandom? It is best to be entertained by the other teams, but maintain your true loyalty in your sports heart.

• Options

Also, @doubledragon It's Mick Jagger , not Mick Jaguar. 🤔 Don't get too crazy on us !!

• Options

@Darin said:

@doubledragon said:

I have completely no interest in Tebow whatsoever. also Meyers.
    I am interested if Trevor Lawrence turns out to be the real deal and lives up to all the hype.
    But more than likely the Jags are going to be the same old Jags, lose about the same amount as they win.

No, you don't mean that, take it back!

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    @doubledragon While I appreciate your enthusiasm, I am dismayed by your lack of allegiance. Would you really leave the Panthers to enter the Jaguars fandom? It is best to be entertained by the other teams, but maintain your true loyalty in your sports heart.

Over the years, my cats have caused me a lot of pain and suffering. Therefore, if they don't get it together.....

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Over the years, my cats have caused me a lot of pain and suffering. Therefore, if they don't get it together.....

How long have you been a Panthers fan?

• Options
    edited May 31, 2021 2:23PM

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Since their inaugural season in 1995, I'll always love my cats, but they're on thin ice with me right now!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Since their inaugural season in 1995, I'll always love my cats, but they're on thin ice with me right now!

Before you jump ship ....

Think wisely

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

That Jags fan looks like he is in the process of being assimilated into the collective! Resistance is futile!
    Part Borg, part human, part Jags fan, I hope it turns out okay for him.

Double D, I'm warning you if you become a Jags fan this is your fate.................
    The process will take several years but you will be assimilated into the collective,
    all long time Jags fans look like this...

• Options

@Darin said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

That Jags fan looks like he is in the process of being assimilated into the collective! Resistance is futile!
    Part Borg, part human, part Jags fan, I hope it turns out okay for him.

Double D, I'm warning you if you become a Jags fan this is your fate.................
    The process will take several years but you will be assimilated into the collective,
    all long time Jags fans look like this...

I can't stop, it's out of my hands, the Jaguars saga has ahold of me and won't let go, Urban Meyer, Trevor Lawrence, Tim Tebow, the whole thing is so entertaining. I'm glued to it, glued I say!

• Options

Yes, all it took was one hit from the Jaguars bong and I was hooked. You should all join me, we can all be Jaguars fans, come on, you know you want to. I'm just going to leave this out on the table, and anyone who wants to join us is more than welcome.

• Options

Interesting story, hot off the press, about one Timothy Tebow. It seems that NFL teams believe that Urban Meyer brought Tebow to the Jaguars to play a QB wildcat role, simililar to that of the Saints player Taysom Hill.

NFL teams reportedly believe the Jaguars signed Tim Tebow to play wildcat QB in a 'Taysom Hill role'

Tim Tebow signed on with the Jaguars under Urban Meyer to play tight end after a 9-year hiatus from the NFL. He’s already made some progress so far at the position.

But there are reportedly some NFL teams that believe there could be a bit more to it than that.

According to a report from ESPN’s Dianna Russini, NFL teams think the Jaguars brought in Tebow for a couple of reasons. First, they think they wanted him as a locker room presence and a personality that will up the competitiveness of the team.

But second, and most importantly, they believe he’ll also end up playing some quarterback in wildcat sets for the Jaguars in the same way Taysom Hill has played the position for the Saints.

“There are those in the league who think Urban Meyer is bringing Tebow in to play quarterback at that Taysom Hill role. Using him in that wildcat as we’ve seen Urban Meyer use in the past. Take a look at all of his different offenses. It actually makes a lot of sense.”

This isn’t groundbreaking, honestly. Everyone should expect Urban Meyer to do this because he absolutely will.

Tebow wasn’t a very good quarterback, but he’s got some experience there and could be an occasional dual-threat for the Jaguars. They’d be doing themselves a disservice not to take advantage of that.

Now, is this something they should lean on often? Absolutely not. But the occasional Tebow wildcat dive or jump pass might do them some good.

• Options

Check out this aerial view of the Jaguars state of the art practuce facilities. It is a three tier facility with three different fields. I'm going up in the chopper to get these photos for you.

• Options

B)