Home Sports Talk
Options

Football world not buying story about Tebow

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, yeah, I know, I promised, but this really is the last Tebow thread, I PROMISE! The football world isn't buying the story about Tebow's weight lifting, what do you think?

Football World Not Buying Old Story About Tim Tebow

Much of the football world is skeptical about a Tim Tebow story that went viral on social media over the weekend.

On Friday, a story from an old Tebow book went viral on Twitter. The story tells a tale about Tebow’s incredible weight lifting ability.

According to the story, a 14-year-old Tebow benched press a 55-pound curl bar 315 times! He set the record at the camp he was attending – by far – and couldn’t move his arms for three days following the bench pressing.

“Every time I see a photo of Tim Tebow looking insanely jacked, I always think back to this story from his book in 2012. Absolutely wild,” Joe Pompliano tweeted.

Not everyone is buying the story, though.

“Believe that if you want to Joe,” former NFL cornerback Darius Butler wrote. “I’m going to need to see film!”

“There is literally no way this is true. The fact that you think it is, is even more ridiculous than the story. Obviously, you don’t even lift, bro,” another fan wrote.

“It’s a great story but there is no one on earth that could do this. Your biceps would explode,” one fan added.

Tebow has always been pretty jacked, but he showed up to Jaguars OTAs looking incredibly fit. Will that result in the former quarterback turned tight end making the final roster?

We’ll find out later this summer. In the meantime, you can be sure that Tebow will hit the gym incredibly hard.

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Supposedly, there were witnesses.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2021 12:35PM

3rd string TE? Incredible athlete. Why not?
    I say the reason he sticks around in Jacksonville is he’s a Florida icon, hero. Along with Trevor Lawrence he’ll put butts in the seats.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Being jacked really doesn’t make the difference between making a roster or not but I’m going with Yea he will be on the squad week 1