Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

My weekly $1 search

luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 30, 2021 4:45AM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

So since I'm back at work every other week and found out that my banks ATM machines allows customers to take out max of 200 notes including $1!!! Woohoo!!
So there are 6 ATM machines at my bank so I only deposit the money back at only 2 specific ones. That way, I don't get back the same notes I searched.

Here's my weekly find. I searched around 800x in $1:

1964 B Barr note. I'm shocked that is still in good condition. 🥳

Birthday note?

2013 B star series!

Common star notes

Common star notes.

Older notes.

And the surprising find that I posted last week is this offset error note.

Thanks for the view!!

Comments

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice ones!

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Barr dollar.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pick ups

• Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

@mbwizkid said:
    Whenever you see a Barr note (1963B $1 FRN) in that good of condition, rest assured that someone is spending their collection...probably realizing that circulated Barr notes really don’t have much collector value because of how many were put away.

• I agree but I often suspect that the cash has been put aside & found by a different family member (then spent much later).

There is a collector in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) here in Canada who has been going to Head bank branches in downtown TO & getting access to their "damaged/returns" currency pouch. He's been getting rolls of coins & some fantastic old/collectible currency. He got 2 EET $10 "Good-overs." These are quite rare & have the incorrect signature for the Serial # prefix. He's been getting notes as old as 1954 ($1.00 & $2.00). I got a Devil's Face $2 & many very circulated $1 & $2 (which went back) from the branch across my place. It is a great time here in Canada (if you can get access) but most of the time they (teller staff) refuse.

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

sweet