Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Wait time on removal request uploads?

So I bought a card that someone has left in their Registry. Last week I sent the email, waited the 3 days, then uploaded front and reverse pictures on the app Thursday. In the past when I have done this it usually has it available to add within hours. I am currently still waiting, anyone know how much lead time to expect ?

Looking for FB HOF Rookies

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

had to reactivate a set that was forced into retirement bc someone claimed my card using posted photos. 🤬

took 5 days from initial email sent.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never post back photos on the registry because of the fear of that kind of thing...

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait time for me the past several months has been 3 business days if proof uploaded.

Last week I did 2 at same time. Uploaded proof for 1 but not other. One with proof transferred 3 bus. days later, one without proof after 4 days nothing. I then uploaded proof and 24 hours later it was transferred.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    had to reactivate a set that was forced into retirement bc someone claimed my card using posted photos. 🤬

took 5 days from initial email sent.

That is pretty low rent.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 days is the longest I've waited.
    However, over on CGC, I'm on day 7 waiting for a comic to be released from prior owner.

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hyperchipper09 said:
    2 days is the longest I've waited.
    However, over on CGC, I'm on day 7 waiting for a comic to be released from prior owner.

They give the previous holder time to respond to the email. It's mostly fair IMHO.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2021 9:39AM

@rexvos said:
    So I bought a card that someone has left in their Registry. Last week I sent the email, waited the 3 days, then uploaded front and reverse pictures on the app Thursday. In the past when I have done this it usually has it available to add within hours. I am currently still waiting, anyone know how much lead time to expect ?

It used to be within a few hours, but most of mine are now cleared in a day or two. This is of course after the 3 day wait period.

I typically try to add cards to my registry right after I pay. Simply because I can then use the 3 day wait concurrent to the transit time. I have only had 1 person ever release their item via that email. So I get the card, image it and post the scans. 1 to 2 days after that now is typical to get it released.

• Options
    DMasciDMasci Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

This has been an issue it seems as of late. I'm currently waiting on 3 cards to be released that I received Friday. The last time I had to call PSA for help and they saw that I uploaded the pictures and released them for me. I know there are disagreements in when you should release cards. I release mine the minute I ship them out and have never had a request to release a card. I understand it happens once and awhile I guess but it's just a pain sometimes.

• Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2022 2:55PM

Just a reminder, please, for the love of God, people, once you no longer own the card (has been paid for), please remove it from your inventory. I'm now on day 8. Request sent to the previous owner on 1/31. Sent PSA the photos on 2/6. It's not showing that I uploaded the photos on my end so I emailed PSA. Just a little extra diligence is a good business practice. I get one will sometimes forget to remove one, but if you're running multiple auctions on eBay then checking your email should be a part of the business.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems that the set registry is the shortest straw at the moment, as I am pretty sure they are helping with the Marx Cards debacle. I have multiple slot requests from this past September that still show as pending.