Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Hosting a Show

I’m not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but I have access to an indoor turf facility that I thought would be great to host a card/memorabilia show. Does anyone know if they are financially beneficial for the host, and if so, how to go about setting one up?

Comments

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2021 12:46PM

If they didn't generate money for the host(s), no one would host it except for charity!

You've got seller table fees, entrance admissions, cut of autograph signings, cut of concessions, advertisers/sponsors. Just like all the conferences and conventions that are done in Vegas and elsewhere - yes they serve a greater purpose, but in the end it's a financial gain for whomever puts it on.

• Options

Haha, thank you. If anyone has any experience with hosting one or knows someone who has, I’d be very interested in emailing with them.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

i would just sell turf. > @RufussCkingston said:

If they didn't generate money for the host(s), no one would host it except for charity!

You've got seller table fees, entrance admissions, cut of autograph signings, cut of concessions, advertisers/sponsors. Just like all the conferences and conventions that are done in Vegas and elsewhere - yes they serve a greater purpose, but in the end it's a financial gain for whomever puts it on.

in the words of the great and all powerful Yougurt, “MERCHANDISING!!!”

so dont forget the waters, cokes, pretzels, hot dogs. and some of the smartest guys that set up at shows are the dudes w “supplies”.

• Options

Yes, if anyone is interested in the facility, let me know. It’s in northern New Jersey