Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Why does Stacks Bowers put their stickers on PMG holders?

Does anyone know an email address of someone at Stacks?
They stick their stickers on the front and back of PMG holders, rather than on the plastic sleeves.
Dave

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Contact Brad Ciociola (919) 650-9418 or email him at bciociola@stacksbowers.com

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lyn Knight does also, very annoying.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

A label that would peel off easily seems like a good solution.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

Many auction houses do it (& it is a label which peels off). It may leave a sticky residue and I always feel like I'm almost bending the holder to get it off. I guess they all do it as an inventory control measure- so they know that's the note you won, etc. I wish they'd peel them off before sending too.

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭

Heritage changed their stickers a while back, maybe 2yrs ago... the new ones are glorious, they peel off with ease. Fingers crossed the other auction companies revamp theirs too... no more goo off would be awesome!!!

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the best, and easiest to remove without leaving residue, is the one used by Great Collections.

thefinn
  • Options

Thank you, Stack's and all who commented.

There are many others who will appreciate the change.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭

Awesome!!! 👏 😁

• Options

Why doesn’t @StacksBowersGalleries just use an outer protective sleeve, with the sticker on that, like they do at Heritage ?

• Options

Maybe cost. A label is much cheaper than a holder, especially mylar, which cost around around 30-40 cents each, even in quantity.

• Options

Yes, maybe cost. I agree. But c’mon man, the “Juice” goes up 5% and they can’t afford Mylar holders ?

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would vote for the outer holders, it also avoids scratches to those PMG/PCGS holders, which scratch VERY easily

• Options

I prefer the extra free mylar holder, too, but I can't expect the auctioneer to provide an extra holder that's really not needed.

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2021 11:36AM

You could just assign a link to the original sale, i> @Tookybandit said:

Heritage changed their stickers a while back, maybe 2yrs ago... the new ones are glorious, they peel off with ease. Fingers crossed the other auction companies revamp theirs too... no more goo off would be awesome!!!

I noticed that too, as I pulled them off too.
    I do not know why I insist on the actual sticker bbut I do too :)
    Also, I had added two fields to my spreadsheet for auction details and link to acquired